You need rewiring. The reason he can do that is because that is already wired into the guitar. You need special potentiometers with DPDT switches.
push pulls for coil split or tap your call.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by hatooku
where do yo uget these?

warmoth, allparts, guitarpartsonline, stewmac

go to the guitar and gear building forum and look thru the stickies for website companies that deal parts and hardware
but my tone knobs aren't push pull. and whats the name of the thing i need to buy?
^Not true:
Just take it to the tech, pay him 25-30$ and he will do it for you.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
All you have to buy is two push pulls, tbh it wouldn't be hard to wire, just study the diagram.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
is dpdt the same thing as push-pull?
so i need to buy my pickups, two push-pull pots, and would they wire it for me in the local guitar shop if i buy pups there? and i can just use the knobs that are arleady in my guitar right?
DPDT is a type of switch (double pole double throw). I think the switches on push pulls are dpdts, I don't know though.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
so do i have to get a dpdt? can i just get a switch that has push pull?
The push pull is a pot that has a switch on the bottom that is controlled by pushing/pulling the pot. The switch is usually dpdt.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
Quote by hatooku
so do i have to get a dpdt? can i just get a switch that has push pull?

yes, the "push/pull" pots have the dpdt switch in them. you need to get 500K push/pull pots. but if you're having a shop install the new pickups, they should be able to do this modification for you as well.

its really not that difficult to do. and it will open up so many more tonal options
all right... since im only 13 ill take it to a shop... thx a lllllot guys!!!
wait a minute! i still have an unanswered q'! can i just use my tone knob thats already on my guitar on my new pots?
Quote by hatooku
all right... since im only 13 ill take it to a shop... thx a lllllot guys!!!

It is not that hard. If you can work a soldering iron, its just a matter of switching the pots and re-wiring. A 13 year old can do it. I could change a pickup at 13, and rewiring to a push pull pot is not really anymore difficult, you just follow a diagram.

That being said, I don't personally feel coil splitting sounds that good. I'd look at an out of phase switch instead. But if you want a single coil tone, go ahead.
Quote by al112987
It is not that hard. If you can work a soldering iron, its just a matter of switching the pots and re-wiring. A 13 year old can do it. I could change a pickup at 13, and rewiring to a push pull pot is not really anymore difficult, you just follow a diagram.

That being said, I don't personally feel coil splitting sounds that good. I'd look at an out of phase switch instead. But if you want a single coil tone, go ahead.

even if it doesn't sound good, i can just switch to the humbucker lol