So its coming up to two months since I got my acoustic and I still can't get chords mastered. Does anyone know any good sites which could help?

Another problem is that every time I fret a note, I always mute some other strings.

I have practiced, for almost two months now, but these problems won't go away.

Thanks
How long are your practice sessions? Which chords are you using?

My advice to you would be to check out my website, www.rockfordummies.com
Not trying to advertise but it's the fastest way for me to give you the best possible answer-

Anywho, stick to simple chords first.. learn a simple song off one or two strings.

check out the site, you'll find all info there.
What kind of chords are you talkin' about?

I always stress technique when it comes to fingering. Make sure your wrist is arched when you play. It gives your fingers a better reach on the upper strings. Also make sure you're playing with your fingertips. Not the pads of your fingers.

So, it sounds like to me, since you're muting strings when you play, you need to work on your technique, so when you practice, make sure you're practicing the right way and take your time. When I first started playing, especially on acoustic, it took me a while to finally get chords down, no matter what kind of chords you're doing at any octave. You just have to get in there and make sure you're doing it right. You have to do the shapes over and over and over and over again until your brain knows instinctively the shape for a certain chord. Then it'll be second nature, just like breathing, and you won't even have to think about the shape, like..This is a G major, this is F# minor, this is D suspended. Even when you're not at home with a guitar, if you're in line at a store, or sitting in class..practice your chord shapes. You may look like an idiot but it actually helped me a lot.

I also have my students practice changing chords with a metronome to develop their chord speed and timing; you can give that a try to.

Hope I helped, best of luck.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
When you say you have problems mastering chords, I assume that means you can't fret the chord cleanly and change between chords in time. Carefully place your fingers and pick each string to ensure that no strings are muted. If you can't get it in the 1st try, adjust your fingers until your get it. The positions might feel a little awkward, and for certain chords, it might be quite a stretch. But just keep trying and you would get it eventually. Its a phase most of us went through.
To change chords in time, try practicing with a metronome. Start with a very slow speed, no speed is too slow when your starting out. So go ahead and set the metronome at 20bpm or even lower if you need to. A nice way of practicing is to change a chord every 4 down strums for a start, making sure your in time with the metronome. so you go strum,strum, strum, strum, change chord, strum,strum,strum,strum, change chord. go slow and make sure all the chords are clean. as you get better at this, you can increase the speed and try this with other strumming/finger picking patterns. The best way to make the practice interesting would be to practice the chords of songs that you like. So at the end of the day, you would have learnt how to play a song.
Hope this helps. Enjoy!
I second the justinguitar. make sure you try the one minute chord changes, it helps a **** load...
Quote by emP
My advice to you would be to check out my website, www.rockfordummies.com

That sites not working.

Quote by calebrocker
I always stress technique when it comes to fingering. Make sure your wrist is arched when you play.

I've always kept my wrist arched, but when I get to a position where none of the strings are muted, it never lasts and I always end up losing the position.

Quote by calebrocker
Even when you're not at home with a guitar, if you're in line at a store, or sitting in class..practice your chord shapes. You may look like an idiot but it actually helped me a lot.

Thanks, I've been trying that a bit, I'll do it a bit more now.

Quote by avenger86
Start with a very slow speed, no speed is too slow when your starting out. So go ahead and set the metronome at 20bpm or even lower if you need to. A nice way of practicing is to change a chord every 4 down strums for a start, making sure your in time with the metronome. so you go strum,strum, strum, strum, change chord, strum,strum,strum,strum, change chord. go slow and make sure all the chords are clean. as you get better at this, you can increase the speed and try this with other strumming/finger picking patterns. The best way to make the practice interesting would be to practice the chords of songs that you like. So at the end of the day, you would have learnt how to play a song.
Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Thanks for that, I found a song that might be good for that:

|--------------2----4-------2----------------------------------------|
|--------------2----5-------3----------------------------------------|
|--------------2----6-------4----------------------------------------|
|--------------4----6-------4----------------------------------------|
|-------------------4-------2----------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|

Does that look simple enough, if I were to space it out?

Thanks to everyone for the help
your action might be too high or too low. more than likely too high. if that's not, then keep practicing. don't feel defeated. feel determined. take it one chord at a time. practice that one chord all day if you have to. have an optional chord after that if you get bored. ex. play an easy A chord... once you get tired play a barred F... it might be harder but try for a bit... go back to A and it will be easier. Then keep playing A... and A, till you get it. Do this with all your chords. Determination.
The song looks ok, but it involves barre chords which might be a little hard to get down when your 1st starting out. But go ahead and try it anyway, you have to learn barre chords sometime, and now is a time as good as any.
There are quite a few songs that uses just 3 open chords, suitable for begineers to get started messing around with. Examples are Good Riddance by Greenday or knocking on heaven's door by Bob Dylan.
And yes, justinguitar is a good site.