Today I wanted to see the tab of Nightrain and I started improvising in the end and I was doing pretty good, nice soulish bendings hammer ons and etc, I always like to improvise like BucketHead because he plays with alot of passion and so I started improvising and... after mixing a bit of BucketHead's passionate playing [you know, when he plays those holy shet goddam melodies] and slash bluesy little shreds like the scale descending pull offs... I noticed...

THEY'RE THE FREAKING SAME

No not really but IT WAS SOOO LIKE ... I was "astonished" NO I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS

It not really the same but they're very similar... I think it's because that they both played blues before and for those who knows nightrain, it's a very soulful song so...

But I feel that BucketHead plays with more passion and Slash is more bluesy-rock like. But I have to say that I underestimated slash kinda. Well these times he's beeing a sell out but before he wasn't I guess. I mean when he wa swith Guns n Roses

Well I have another verdict. Maybe slash really did this song with like all it's mind and shet...

But w/e , discuss if you want to
They were both guitarists for GnR so their playing was probably heavily influenced by that.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by CuttingJesse
No, I dont think Slash sold out, but stopped drinking and doing drugs....

He made 2 solos for 2 alt pop and one of those, if I remember, is a techno-ish song.

A though guy like slash wouldn't play on a... techno-ish song...

Except for money I guess

I really like slash he's really good to me but...

I call this a sell out
Quote by kevC4
But I feel that BucketHead plays with more passion and Slash is more bluesy-rock like. But I have to say that I underestimated slash kinda. Well these times he's beeing a sell out but before he wasn't I guess. I mean when he wa swith Guns n Roses

Na I don't think he is any more of a sellout now than with Guns and Roses. He always played with passion.... i wouldnt say its an less passion than buckethead. Different person.... different player..... whatever. They are both pretty damn good.
shred is gaudy music
Ha, your right about Slash being a sellout. Hell, even without GNR, he could sell out an entire freakin' arena. Guess what! I bet Buckethead could too!
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
Ha, your right about Slash being a sellout. Hell, even without GNR, he could sell out an entire freakin' arena. Guess what! I bet Buckethead could too!

BucketHead wouldn't sell out lol.

Just ask him to play without his outfit and he'll be like tits on a whale no shet

Just like he did at ozzfest
Quote by kevC4
He made 2 solos for 2 alt pop and one of those, if I remember, is a techno-ish song.

Except for money I guess

I really like slash he's really good to me but...

I call this a sell out
Alternatively, he may have liked the songs.
Quote by kevC4
BucketHead wouldn't sell out lol.

Just ask him to play without his outfit and he'll be like tits on a whale no shet

Just like he did at ozzfest

Regardless of if Buckethead could or couldn't sell out an arena, I don't think that you should be saying what Slash is and isn't allowed to play. It's his talent, let him do with it what he wants.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
Regardless of if Buckethead could or couldn't sell out an arena, I don't think that you should be saying what Slash is and isn't allowed to play. It's his talent, let him do with it what he wants.

Kinda right on that, it's his decisions to do this and that but from another side it's kinda awful that a guy like him goes in these directions. Maybe he has a alt pop mind in his head but I don't think he would still dress like that and etc.

But you're still right, he decides what he wants to sound like and how.

Btw, I lol'ed how slash stole the attention in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTa18Aq4-jQ

plain awesome
^Hey, if he wants to appear onstage with a flaming, white transexual, that's his buissiness.

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Last edited by Iron_Dude at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by Iron_Dude
^Hey, if he wants to appear onstage with a flaming, white transexual, that's his buissness.

Rofl hahaha I'm sign'ing that man, made me laugh like hell
Quote by kevC4
Rofl hahaha I'm sign'ing that man, made me laugh like hell

Just remember to put the link so people understand!

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by kevC4

oh noes, he has a wider musical taste than just rock and rollz!!!!! what a horrible horrible thing, he's such a sellout!!!! /sarcasm
Quote by z4twenny
oh noes, he has a wider musical taste than just rock and rollz!!!!! what a horrible horrible thing, he's such a sellout!!!! /sarcasm

+1 I think he's awesome for doing that, because he doesn't care about impressing people like you. (not you quote guy :P)
TS, I find it odd that you call Slash a sellout for playing pop when your avatar is Blink 182.
Quote by fob12
+1 I think he's awesome for doing that, because he doesn't care about impressing people like you. (not you quote guy :P)

me too, i love it when musicians step outside their normal boundaries. hell i even had a little bit of respect for christina aguilera when she did the song "fighter" not because she wrote it (which she didnt as far as i know) not because it was a musical masterpiece, but because it had some pop sensibilities with some really rocking guitars (especially for a pop album) and she wasn't afraid to go outside of the norm and do something a little different.
Quote by z4twenny
me too, i love it when musicians step outside their normal boundaries. hell i even had a little bit of respect for christina aguilera when she did the song "fighter" not because she wrote it (which she didnt as far as i know) not because it was a musical masterpiece, but because it had some pop sensibilities with some really rocking guitars (especially for a pop album) and she wasn't afraid to go outside of the norm and do something a little different.

Slash played Sweet Child o Mine with Fergie. Personally, that was awesome.
Quote by kevC4
Kinda right on that, it's his decisions to do this and that but from another side it's kinda awful that a guy like him goes in these directions. Maybe he has a alt pop mind in his head but I don't think he would still dress like that and etc.

But you're still right, he decides what he wants to sound like and how.

Btw, I lol'ed how slash stole the attention in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTa18Aq4-jQ

plain awesome

I lol'd at how Slash just bends over in front of MJ at :47..