I wanted to know if the Edge III is really that bad, becuse I wanted a double locking trem on a $400 dollar budget, but all the Ibanez on this price range have Edge III's (RG350, RG370, RG4EX1, RG5EX1 etc).
nah they arent that bad, I have an RG4exqm1 and it stays in tune fine but i've heard that they wear out over time, i havnt had mine for that long so i cant say really
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Yes. Go hardtail or used RG5X0 or higher.

EDIT: a good setup will help (since factory setups are crap), but it will eventually wear out.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 4, 2008,
well they aren´t really bad
i´ve had mine for like a year and still stays in tune
but a year isn´t that much so i cannot tell you exactly
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
yeah just like everyone else says, i wouldnt let that stop you from getting the guitar just save up for a offical floyd to replace it, if it really like the guitar and want it, same for my jackson, it needs a new floyd before i can repaint it =p
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
can you replace the edge 3's with OFR's though? like on the rg350dx or the rg420ex?? i may be purchasing one of these and if you can change them to OFR then i will be alot more comfortable in purchasing it because i can just save up a lil to replace it and still have a great guitar.
can edge 3 be swapped for ofr? i heard somewhere it can only be swapped for edge zero? which is supposedely better anyways.
nice! this encourages me heaps because if it does **** out i can just replace it
do they sell the trems in stores? how much they cost? and how much it cost to get them put in you reckon?
Quote by braydz
nice! this encourages me heaps because if it does **** out i can just replace it
do they sell the trems in stores? how much they cost? and how much it cost to get them put in you reckon?

Just do a google search. I'm not sure about the US but you can definitely buy OFRs in stores like GAK over here for about £120 and different places charge different amouns for fitting. Ive seen prices of about £50 to fit them.