Hey so ive been doing some guitar shopping and here are some guitars ive been looking at
Jackson Pro-Series Dk2m Dinky
Jackson Pro-Series Dk2 Dinky
Jackson Pro-Series Dk2s Dinky

they have some things in common but what im wondering is what the deal with the "Floyd Rose licensed Jackson low profile JT580LP double locking tremelo?"

is it an ok floyd rose copy, like is it better than an Edge III (which ive heard so much about) or not?

does anybody own one of these guitars and have any experience with them either good or bad

i plan on changing the tremelo to an original Floyd Rose eventually but the thing is i'd rather let the old one wear out a bit (if it can stay in tune etc.) and then replace it

on a side note
THESE GUITARS ARE SOOOO SEXY
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
its decent enough. it does stay out of the way tho. all tremolos lose their tuning eventually slippage/stetching/etc. this is WAY better than the edge 3 tho.

btw my exp came from owning a DK2m for 9 months.i actaully regret selling it.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Aug 4, 2008,
jackson's tremolos are really good. But you can replace there low profile with an original floyd, you need to use a Floyd Rose Pro
In my opinion, Ibanez has the best tremelo bridges. Jacksons are nice, but I prefer Ibanez. The Edge Pro is an amazing bridge.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
true the edge pro is an epic tremolo but the edge 3 and edge pro 2 are very very bad.i would rather have a fixed bridge than either of them and me saying that is a very meaning full thing.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
I think short of a floyd pro, an officially licsensed jackson is the best out there, plus they have screw in arms, far superior to the ibanez ones which just fall out or you pull them out when diving...

Put it this way: I have a Dinky, my friend has an ibanez. I dive mine everywhere and it just slides back, he won't let me dive more than a semi tone or two on his.

But i think ibanez have much better neck joint, jacksons have beautiful necks, often marred by big ugly bolt on square joints, hence id recommend a soloist
^or any Neckthru jackson rite lol

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by KevVin
I think short of a floyd pro, an officially licsensed jackson is the best out there, plus they have screw in arms, far superior to the ibanez ones which just fall out or you pull them out when diving...

Put it this way: I have a Dinky, my friend has an ibanez. I dive mine everywhere and it just slides back, he won't let me dive more than a semi tone or two on his.

But i think ibanez have much better neck joint, jacksons have beautiful necks, often marred by big ugly bolt on square joints, hence id recommend a soloist

real men get around the big square neck joint never bothered malmsteen, clapton, hendrix, etc or me for that matter
Quote by Ghold125
jackson's tremolos are really good. But you can replace there low profile with an original floyd, you need to use a Floyd Rose Pro

what is a floyd rose pro?
im gonna google it real soon but there is a lot more reliable information from UGers
is it like smaller than the original because i heard this guy had a dk2m and replaced the tremelo with an original and had to sand down the sides where the bridge was to fit it in
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

Quote by led,rainsong
what is a floyd rose pro?
im gonna google it real soon but there is a lot more reliable information from UGers
is it like smaller than the original because i heard this guy had a dk2m and replaced the tremelo with an original and had to sand down the sides where the bridge was to fit it in

Yes, The FR Pro is narrower by about 2mm. It's also about $60 more than an OFR (I can't find one for less than $230)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was in your position a few months ago. I was deadset on a DK2M, then I realized that if I went used, I could get a used Soloist that was neck- thru, had an OFR, and was MIJ for less than the price of a new Dinky. If you look hard enough, you can find SL3's starting around $500.
thanks hrdcorelaxplaya but one question
what does MIJ mean?
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

MIA= Made in America
MIJ= Made in Japan
MIM= made in mexico
etc...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
hey guys so i took hrdcorelaxplaya's advice and started looking up on some soloist guitars and there is one i found but i'm a little confused because it says it is a Jackson Custom Soloist Guitar with OHSC

what is OHSC?
i am seriously considering buying the guitar but i don't know what OHSC is so i don't know if ill be screwed or something

i was a little reluctant to do this but here is the link to the guitar
it might be a GREAT deal but im suspicious about it
please comment about the guitar because i have no real experience with a guitar like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Custom-SL3-Soloist-Guitar-with-OHSC_W0QQitemZ130243820565QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

Last edited by led,rainsong at Aug 5, 2008,
Original Hard Shell Case
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well obviously it depends on how much the price goes up. but if it stays anywhere close to where its at now, buy it! you wont be dissapointed
Well first of all: 400 is a feckin bargain!
Second: its not a custom, its a normal SL3
Third: its has to be a few years old, because it has a licenced floyd instead of a OFR (which are better).

But i would NOT hesitate. It is a bargain. Wait with bidding till the last few seconds. If it hits 650, dont buy it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl