For electric, I use a Jazz III, for acoustic I a Dunlop Ultex .73. In my humble opinion jazz III's are the quickest picks out there, and ultex's far and away are the best sounding I've played, so I just got done making a hybrid of the two, ultex in a III's shape and it is sweet. I took some pic's with my cell but they didn't do it justice. Also made this key chain looking contraption with a pick on the end that you can flip around you finger with, to switch from strumming to fingerpicking and back again, love that thing.

Anyways, I'm ramblin, Pit, what kind of pick do you play...and if you have any special designs you've done, please share about the project
Dunlop Tortex Reds for guitar, none for bass.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
usually fingers but for anything i need a pick, anything around 1mm.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
there may be another thread like this already, but anyways, i just use a standard fender medium pick, im not too picky.... haha (pun intended) i think they work fine. not too thick not too think... perfect lol
Quote by TooFast
Dunlop Tortex Reds for guitar, none for bass.

I like the Tortex a lot too, they've got a comfortable feel to em, prolly my second favorite for acoustics.
Yellow Dunlop Tortex (the .73mm ones).

I use the big triangle ones though. I like something to hang onto.
Acoustic strumming = .43mm (or .60mm)
Acoustic picking = .88mm
Heavy riffs on electric = 1mm

Just pick up the Dunlop or Planet Waves pics...
And this Harley Davidson 1mm pic i have...
But i lose my pics a lot so no pic lasts too long with me.
I exclusively (well, as long as they are available) use Gibson mediums.

Although for acoustic I tend to use gibson thins for some reason if I am not fingerpicking.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Jazz IIIs FTMFW!!!!!

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Dunlop Tortex The Wedge
I have been using the same pick for an year, because I can't find those picks in my current city, and also can't find a better one.
Be amazed, it still works awesome. I use the 1 mm pick (blue turtle)
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Dunlop Tortex Blues mostly, but Dunlop 1.0mm nylons and other heavy picks occasionally.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
dunlop 1mm blue tortex. great from speed picking and sweet alternative palmmuting. they sound phat
Quote by thebroken
No, but one time satan came out of my air vent and started playing death metal. That, or I should stop drinking.
Quote by ShredGod George
tell a doctor, the pit'll have you putting icyhot on your penis before the nights over
any pick, it makes little difference to me. If I want to tremolo or economy pick real fast I usually prefer a thinner pick.
Dunlop 2.0mm gets the job done for me.
Richard: Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.
Frank: [sarcastically] Really?
Richard: Sarcasm is losers trying to bring winners down to their level.
Frank: [sarcastically] Thank you for opening my eyes to what a loser I am!
Dunlop nylon, .88
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Pink Tortex is where it's at.

edit: (.96mm)
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Planet Waves .7 mm's. They work like charms every time.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
When I was really starting i used Lucky 13 medium's just for the lucks, now that i'm getting serious in guitar i play white fender mediums
green tortex
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
whatever is cheap. Usually fender mediums. Or anything medium that is solid colored, i hate the ones that have pictures on one side, then when you alternate pick it sounds weird on the upstroke.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
The Pic of destiny!! **** YEAH! Only problem is I've lost it!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by RPGoof
Hey TS

Damn...ah well, mine looks better anyways haha. But damn, I was gonna patent and sell it to Dunlop, then live off my profits in Tahiti with my ridiculous beautiful with drinking corona and strumming a six string all day.
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
there may be another thread like this already, but anyways, i just use a standard fender medium pick, im not too picky.... haha (pun intended) i think they work fine. not too thick not too think... perfect lol

same here
Fender Medium's, and occasionally these light gauge picks a local shop gave me. Don't know the gauge though.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate

.88mm
and i got a stone pick
Quote by fretsonfire74
Pickup line: Hi, you'll do.
Break up: I don't like you anymore.

Quote by Rasta Dogg
I'm freakin' out here, maaaaaan
Quote by metaldud536
Send out your weakest pokemon first then switch to a stronger one to share experience points.