I was wondering if anybody out there who happens to own a Yamaha Pacifica would happen to know if the pickups were attached to the pickguard or straight to the body? im looking at one for a customization job..
Thanks..
to the pickguard, pacifica's are great, i think there is one of the higher pacifica's that has the bridge pickup attached to the body though.

Why does it make a difference?
Quote by muikoma
to the pickguard, pacifica's are great, i think there is one of the higher pacifica's that has the bridge pickup attached to the body though.

Why does it make a difference?

No, it's attached to a ring.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
looking back over my question.. i think i need to ask something else... is there a cavity under the 'entire' pickguard? or is there solid wood under the pickguard?

and because im thinking of removing the pickguard entirely..
There's pickup and control cavities, but there is some wood under it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
thanks all of you.. hopefully this will give me a better idea of what im working with.. thanks