Well, I'm going for more of a softer approach here. It starts out clean (hence the name of the attached file) but then it turns to distortion for a few sections, then I'm going to have it go back to clean. So far, I have the intro and verse (which is clean) and the pre-chorus and chorus (which is distorted). I'm kinda stuck for now, so I figured while I wait for my brain to unclog, I'd get some feedback on what I have so far.

::SEE LOWER POSTS FOR UPDATED FILE::
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Last edited by Nunwhxre 666 at Aug 6, 2008,
well that was quite the beautiful intro you have.
everything sounded awesome. it was simple yet very nice. the chorus needs a bit more oomph though. it seems to be a step down from the prechorus. but the chord melody you have at the beginning was great.

and I've been working with the clean-distortion-clean idea as well.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Thanks. I know the chorus is a little lacking, but it's still a work in progress, so it's most likely not going to be the set chorus. The only things are are definite would be everything BUT the chorus.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
Alright. I'm basically done this. I don't think I'm going to make many more changes. Fairly satisfied with the outcome. Comments/Suggestions/Criticism would be appreciated.
Attachments:
Ethereal Memories.zip
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
Last edited by Nunwhxre 666 at Aug 10, 2008,
Really good, as always. I didnt really like the second chorus as much as the first. The first chorus was brilliant. The guitar solo was excellent, and was a perfect lead into the pre-chorus.

Nice job, as usual.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Thanks, as always.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't really like the first chorus, but as I began writing more, it started to grow on me. Thus being the reason I kept it. And I noticed the 2nd chorus doesn't sound too great, but when I played everything on guitar it sounded good. *Shrug*. I don't know. Thanks for the crit though. Always appreciated.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
The way the guitars danced around each other was great, especially in the intro. The lead melody in the first chorus is great, it sounds natural. Use of harmonics in the Interlude was also interesting. Very cool and natural sounding phrasing in the first solo. As for the second chorus, I liked them both equally. And yeah, I know what you mean with the "I played it on guitar and it sounded fine", definitely.

And of course, the bass throughout is just plain awesome.
Thanks alot for the crit.

Especially thanks for the bass compliment. I'm not really a bassist, so I kind of struggled with the bassline.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath