^Topic. The reason I'm asking is because there are lots of artists who replace their Tele bridges with a humbucker, while I haven't seen any big artists replace their strats with a humbucker. What's the difference?
The main issue for the tele is the bridge single coil. A lot of artists love the tele shape, but the single coil gets that inherently twangy tele sound. They usually replace it with a humbucker to get a sound with more variety. John 5 is probably the biggest tele fan in the world, but Manson music is a very hard kind of music that you cannot use a tele bridge for, prompting him to replace a good number of tele bridges with humbuckers.

As for strats, they do replace the bridges, but it is not very noticable. Many people will not notice if you replace a Pearly Gates bridge humbucker with a dimarzio breed bridge humbucker, it just looks like another HSS strat.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
plenty of people switch strats to humbuckers...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In fact, due to a lot of people changing their strats pups to humbuckers Fender started producing the Fat Strat , I believe

Quote by Mountaindew91
Iron Maiden? EVH? strats with HBs

These are probably the two best examples of how big artists changed their strats and how they managed to pull of so many different tones from them

I don't know that many Tele players, I don't listen to many of that type of music ... but I know that Keith Richards has a PAF humbucker in the neck position of his tele
Single coil just isn't my thing, well a few I wouldn't mind, but that's just a select handful. How can you blame them?, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Woozye
In fact, due to a lot of people changing their strats pups to humbuckers Fender started producing the Fat Strat , I believe

These are probably the two best examples of how big artists changed their strats and how they managed to pull of so many different tones from them

I don't know that many Tele players, I don't listen to many of that type of music ... but I know that Keith Richards has a PAF humbucker in the neck position of his tele

Meh, I think EVH's tone has sort of stayed the same most of the time, same with Iron Maiden. Don't put it against me though, I still like 'em!

And Andy Summers shoved a 'bucker in the neck position of his Tele, and Ronnie Wood's sig ESP Tele copy has one aswell.

And Yngwie Malmsteen has 3 stacked humbuckers in his Strat, so it looks like single coils.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Meh, I think EVH's tone has sort of stayed the same most of the time, same with Iron Maiden. Don't put it against me though, I still like 'em!

And Andy Summers shoved a 'bucker in the neck position of his Tele, and Ronnie Wood's sig ESP Tele copy has one aswell.

And Yngwie Malmsteen ahs 3 stacked humbuckers in his Strat, so it looks like single coils.

I was refering to the tones between the two bands being so different
Quote by Woozye
I was refering to the tones between the two bands being so different

Fair enough!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

And Yngwie Malmsteen has 3 stacked humbuckers in his Strat, so it looks like single coils.

As much as Malmsteen's strat reminds me of potent urine, I do like the pickup configuration. Fruity ass yellow, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
With the deluxe american strats you can get thicker & warmer tones out of your pups with Fender's S-1 switching system. So you get the best of both worlds without having to manually switch out pickups.