Aug 5th

2007, Beatles fans feared the misuse of the Fab Four’s music had hit rock bottom following the decision to license ‘All You Need Is Love’ for use in a nappy advert. Procter & Gamble had purchased the rights to use the song from Sony/ATV Music Publishing, which now owned Northern Songs, the Beatles’ catalogue. The ad featured a baby jumping on a teddy bear in a disposable nappy which offered “ultimate leak protection”

1992, drummer Jeff Porcaro, from Toto died age 38. His death has been the subject of controversy: some say the attack was caused by an allergic reaction to garden pesticide, while others say Porcaro's heart was weakened by smoking and cocaine use. Porcaro also worked with many other acts including Sonny and Cher, Roger Waters, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Steely Dan, Paul Simon and Boz Scaggs.

1983, Crosby Stills Nash & Young member David Crosby was sentenced to five years in jail in Texas for cocaine and firearms offences. Crosby had slept through most of his trial.

1979, Def Leppard signed to Phonogram records with an advance of £120,000 pounds ($180,000) giving them a 10% royalty on 100% of sales for the first two years.

1972, Aerosmith signed to CBS Records for $125,000 after record company boss Clive Davis saw them play at Max's Kansas City Club New York.

More at http://www.thisdayinmusic.com
Wow, I thought this going to one big rant about how today's music is terrible... This is much better
Quote by Thapumpkineater
Wow, I thought this going to one big rant about how today's music is terrible... This is much better

Well, it kinda does.
rawr
Quote by I Am Jack!
Well, it kinda does.

So, are you saying today's music is bad? Which I really don't care if you think so, or are you saying it is a rant?
Quote by Thapumpkineater
So, are you saying today's music is bad? Which I really don't care if you think so, or are you saying it is a rant?

Today's music is bad... mostly.
rawr
so you're gonna make these threads everyday? why not just make one and update it everyday
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
How is today's music bad? There are plenty of interesting and good new bands out today. So they're not all blues rock, and their lyrics consist more of "OooOOOOOOH I loooove my babyy", that doesn't means that they suck. Infact, I'd say that there are more interesting groups now than there were back in the 60's and 70's.
Last edited by Spamwise at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by Spamwise
How is today's music bad? There are plenty of interesting and good new bands out today. So they're not all blues rock, and their lyrics consist more of "OooOOOOOOH I loooove my babyy", that doesn't means that they suck. Infact, I'd say that there are more interesting groups now than there were back in the 60's and 70's.

The majority of music being made today is terrible, when I put on the radio I find it hard to find good music that isn't less than 5 years old.
rawr