Okay, by now most of you must know that one of many famous Jimi Hendrix songs is "Hey Joe" which is one of the best rock songs of all time for sure.. now you may or may not know that song is a cover of someone Else's namely Billy Roberts who is given credits for writing the song... and there is probably a million covers, Ive heard of covers from The Byrds, The Leaves, etc... but anyways here's my question; is there a recorded version of one before Jimi Hendrix's Version that he got the idea from or was it a simple bar show where someone gave him the idea, if you know of an original recording please let me know i would love to hear it...

TY in Advance, Kolby
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top ~ Tranparent Amber

Jay Turser JT57FTM ~ Strat. Replica **First guitar**

*If you would like an Avatar like mine(except with your favorite band) Message me and I'll make one for you *
I'm interested in this as well. It's a recording I've always wanted to hear, yet I've never been able to find it.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I have a Deep Purple one...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Thats weird, I had this conversation with a friend of mine at work a couple of days ago.
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
I knew that it was covered from Billy Roberts.....anyway, I'm not sure whether or not there was a recorded version pre-Hendrix but I'm fairly confident that there probably would have been since one of the managers in England was looking for somebody to cover "Hey Joe" before Hendrix was signed and coincidentally that he went to see Hendrix and the first song Jimi played was "Hey Joe" Or at least that's what I heard on BBC's Seven Ages of Rock that was on last year
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!