Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI6nByP68cQ

i've also uploaded the individual tracks to soundclick for those wanting to hear the comparison in slightly better quality than youtube.

Here's an additional stereo track of how I like to run my amps. They are actually EQ'ed up to my liking, rather than being set at noon for everything:

Single SM57 aimed toward center of cab, two feet back to capture full x-patterned cab sound.

Both amps were in 100 watt mode, OD1, with all the EQ controls at noon, gain at around 2:00, volume at 9:00, and clean boosted with a Maxon OD-9 (drive-off, level-1:00, tone-11:00). Guitar used was a Gibson Les Paul Custom with a seymour duncan SH5 custom in the bridge.

Ideally, I would not run the Nitro's bass that high, but kept everything at noon for the sake of comparison.

enjoy!
-windsen
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
oh my lord the nitro is epic
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i could see why you wouldnt like it. its a very distinct sound. i think id like to run the nitro with a darker amp in stereo. mmmmmmm
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Diamond Dave
guess im going to be the first to say that i didnt think it was that great

+1. I prefer the quickrod though, every time I've heard the Nitro it always sounds really fizzy.
i'll check this later, i have to go now.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
tat was TIGHT!

congrats....

do you work for a dealer?

thanks. no i do not work for a dealer or anything.

Quote by Diamond Dave
guess im going to be the first to say that i didnt think it was that great

different strokes i guess. thanks for listening though.

Quote by Say Ocean
o hai riffhead :wave:

nice vidz, i liek ur toanz

herro mr h4x =p thank ya!
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Quote by Horlicks
+1. I prefer the quickrod though, every time I've heard the Nitro it always sounds really fizzy.

fizzy? may i ask which clips you are referring too?
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Hey windsen, I was wondering what do you think about Splawn cabs, 'cause I'm planning to sell my Marshall 4x12 and get a Splawn 2x12 (the Bogner is a little too much lol). And to match something like a 5150, would you pick the oversized or the normal sized one? And what speakers come with it (I could get V30's and it'll be about the same price as a loaded one)?

Nice clips btw. Very distinct, like someone else said.

Oh, and is Splawn's Site Layout yours?
Site Layout by "Windsen Pan"
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
sounds awesome. what are those sb25 speakers?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so splawn make speakers now?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
they sounded pretty nice. i think i preferred them to the man o war/governor setup.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
so splawn make speakers now?

they're made by Eminence
Last edited by alexlemon2 at Aug 5, 2008,
oh ok. Thanks.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not sure, they might be custom made for Splawn, I've never seen those speakers before and it says 'made by Eminence' on Splawns site
yeah, i just checked their site. it says " by eminence", so the poirot in me tells me it's likely they're made by eminence...

EDIT: i must stop going to the splawn site. every time i go, i get instant GAS for one (or several ).

those splawn cabs sound like good value, too, if you're in the USA.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 5, 2008,
thanks everyone.

the sb25s are the small block 25s speakers custom made by eminence specifically for splawn. splawn worked with eminence to make these speakers match up well for splawn amps.

the sb25 is somewhat like a heritage greenback, but it's actually rated at 55 watts. very cool speakers.

aznrockerdude, i've never played the oversized 212s so i can't really comment on them. i know oversized cabs tend to be not as tight. the standard 212s are really tight and punchy. great, great cabs. as far as what speakers come with them...it's totally up to you. i think scott tends to recommend the small block25/big block combo, but if you call him up and talk to him about what you're looking for, he'll give you his personal suggestion.

oh and yea, i did recently design the splawn site just for kicks and scott dug it...so that's where we are! haha.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
Sorry about this not really being related, but how did you align the mic? Did you have it perpendicular to the cab or did you angle it? I just can't get my recordings to sound as good as that.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by riffhead
thanks everyone.

the sb25s are the small block 25s speakers custom made by eminence specifically for splawn. splawn worked with eminence to make these speakers match up well for splawn amps.

the sb25 is somewhat like a heritage greenback, but it's actually rated at 55 watts. very cool speakers.

aznrockerdude, i've never played the oversized 212s so i can't really comment on them. i know oversized cabs tend to be not as tight. the standard 212s are really tight and punchy. great, great cabs. as far as what speakers come with them...it's totally up to you. i think scott tends to recommend the small block25/big block combo, but if you call him up and talk to him about what you're looking for, he'll give you his personal suggestion.

oh and yea, i did recently design the splawn site just for kicks and scott dug it...so that's where we are! haha.

thanks for the info on the speakers.

The new site looks cool too, well done. I noticed it looked different from the last time i was there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounded good. But I'd like to hear these amps wide open. They sounded kinda quiet.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by riffhead

Well, the OS 2x12 looks like a Bogner OS copy, and I've only heard good things about it. But then again, the OS might start flubbing out on me, and I want tight (I don't want the sound to be too directional though).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Van Noord
Sounded good. But I'd like to hear these amps wide open. They sounded kinda quiet.

the amps were at 9:00 on the master volume, which on splawns is INSANELY loud already. my house was shaking. 9-10:00 is the sweet spot for these amps. i used my mic interface to bring down the mic input level so everything wasn't clipping.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|
yea, the far mic'ing definately influences the sound.

yea, i've gigged with the amps around 10:00. they absolutely roar.
Splawn | Gibson | ESP

|