Alright guys, i got a problem for ya
im pretty much a wiring noob, and am attempting to do the wiring for my current project.
i got this wiring diagram from the SeymourDuncan site

but it simply refuses to work this way, but when i wire it like this

it works just fine. Im planning on using this setup even though i dont understand it. Could anyone tell my why the **** it is working this way???
You are now blinking manually
I wired a similar setup, but with an extra set of switches to get in/out of phase combinations. It works because when you turn off one of the pickups the switch bypasses it. This only works with the pickups in a series connection, as you have them wired in the diagram. So you won't be able to get those sounds that are possible in the 2 and 4 positions on a regular Fender 5-way switch. However, when you have them wired in series you get a good deal more low end. This is because each pickup's signal that is on is then added into the next pickup, and this has a tendency to increase the bass frequency of your signal. It's very similar to the Brian May guitar setup, minus his phase switching switches. I would look that up if you're still curious.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Quote by Kentris.5
I wired a similar setup, but with an extra set of switches to get in/out of phase combinations. It works because when you turn off one of the pickups the switch bypasses it. This only works with the pickups in a series connection, as you have them wired in the diagram. So you won't be able to get those sounds that are possible in the 2 and 4 positions on a regular Fender 5-way switch. However, when you have them wired in series you get a good deal more low end. This is because each pickup's signal that is on is then added into the next pickup, and this has a tendency to increase the bass frequency of your signal. It's very similar to the Brian May guitar setup, minus his phase switching switches. I would look that up if you're still curious.

hmmm, i was under the assumption that this setup was a parallel connection instead of series, but what you said made sense thx

btw i do have a push/pull switch ontop of the MasterVolume that is wired for phaseshifting of the neck pickup. I didn't mention it because i thought it was irrelovent
You are now blinking manually
If you already have a push/pull switch in there, you should be able to wire it in so you can get a few parallel combinations as well as your series ones, unless you like the out of phase combo. I know that sometimes it can be a little thin with single pups out of phase, but it's all about what you're looking for.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words