I've played guitar for 2 years now and Im fed up with my Roland Cube 30X. I'm also going to change PU's to EMG 81/60 on my Ibanez RG321. Anyway, what I want is some tips on some good amps that are very versatile but more towards the rock, metal way. My budget for the amp will be around 400-500 euro IN EUROPE. That means the US prices won't be comparable.

It won't be used for gigging or something big, just at my home. So it doesn't have to be super loud (obviously it's good if i can be). I've heard good stuff about Laney VC30, is it good? I know almost nothing about amps since I just bought the Roland Cube because everyone said it was good.

Examples and descriptions on what things I need to take into consideration would be very helpful.
Laney's are good but I'm not that familiar with them so bump for ya.

Things I wanted similar to you in same range was:

2 channels
Fair bit of gain early (lower volumes)
Effects Loop
Amp EQ
Combo

I ended up getting a Valveking but I don't know what you have access to. You can also check around in here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html?sid=b2bdad0c59044db7541296e936fc942b
Ok, the valveking looks good to me (doesn't really make a difference since I don't know what's good) but do I really need a 100W amp? or did I miss any of the lower ones?
ok, thanks for the info, but that's not really an answer. If you say that I could get something better, at least tell me what you have in mind. That's why Im asking here, because I need help.

Thanks for aswering though
Quote by Darwinia
ok, thanks for the info, but that's not really an answer. If you say that I could get something better, at least tell me what you have in mind. That's why Im asking here, because I need help.

Thanks for aswering though

Lol I don't live in Europe, so I'm not really up to date on pricing. How much are Engl Screamers/Thunders over there? You could check those out.
If you'd read my post it says I'm looking for a versatile amp but more towards the metal, rock way.