Say I have a guitar where the controls are mounted on the wood not the pickguard. I want to take out the volume knob etc and replace it with a flat metal cap. I'm having a hard time finding these on the internet. What would they be called and where should I look? I know they must exist somewhere.
Flat metal cap?

And why?

Maybe you would get better answers in the Guitar Customizing forum.
Cam Sampbell's my hero