I'm hunting around for a decent laptop and I've come across these 2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0018BB8RE/interactiveda3055-21

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-3675209-3717441.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN

I'd like to know what the almighty pit thinks of them and the AMD processors..are they durable and/or decent..

I'm going to use the laptop for recording stuff, school work, some gaming and MSN so that's all I need it to run.

Thnkies for ur help
Look pretty good for me...
So i say go for it.
And AMD processors are really good. Some are better than the Intel ones.

Though Macs are better for recording. But you can't play games on them....
In my opinion Sony or Dell are better values. HP's are ok but they are built like crap.

Although, Apple > All
Quote by af_the_fragile
Look pretty good for me...
So i say go for it.
And AMD processors are really good. Some are better than the Intel ones.

Though Macs are better for recording. But you can't play games on them....

Err..what do you mean by some? heh
get a mac...
It really kicks some butt but it is weak with games...so depends on how much and what games do u play.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Renfordoggz
Err..what do you mean by some? heh

Nah, the AMD processors are better than the Intel ones. Though you really won't notice much of a difference.
By some i meant it sorta goes like...
Intel Core 2 < AMD Turion 64 X2 < Intel Quad Core < AMD Athlon FX

The AMD Athlon FX is the best high performance and gaming processor out there.
And if you are a student right now you can get 200 dollars off a macbook plus a free ipod touch.
BTW Intel CPU's are generally doing alot better than AMD at the moment, but that only really matters if you are reasonably geeky/care about that.
Quote by Gigatiran
And if you are a student right now you can get 200 dollars off a macbook plus a free ipod touch.

I live in England and I can't get state support as such. I do get 40£ off for the laptops though heh
Quote by Renfordoggz
I live in England and I can't get state support as such. I do get 40£ off for the laptops though heh

That laptop will do you pretty good for what you want.
Its got a fast processor, enough ram and a good enough graphics card. You should be able to do your recordings and play games fine on it.
As for internet and msn, any comp can do that...
Quote by af_the_fragile
That laptop will do you pretty good for what you want.
Its got a fast processor, enough ram and a good enough graphics card. You should be able to do your recordings and play games fine on it.
As for internet and msn, any comp can do that...

ah kk thnks btw which one would you say is the better one? out of the 2 i've selected?