Page 1 of 2
You do (know why you suck). So do I.

I'm a pretty good guitarist for several reasons, including about five years of dedicated daily practice. That's why I don't suck.

But I DO suck for two different, other, important reasons. I absolutely cannot use a metronome and refuse to go out and get one. (I know I know I know) But when I start thinking about practicing witha metronome, my brain shuts down, and I don't feel like playing guitar. The other reason I suck is because I never listen to music while I practice tabs. I do the tabs from my memory of the song and not the real song.

That's why I suck and will always suck. I know it but just can't do anything about it. It's like i'm genetically predisposed to suck, forever.

You know why you do too and can't do anything about it. Don't you?

Why do You (suck)?
I suck because I never takes guitar playing seriously. I want to keep it as a hobby and nothing more.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I suck cause i dont want to take the time to finish learning songs, practice scales, and learn theory.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
i don't suck. i'm perfect. i'm always right. all the time. and i never lie...
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
I suck because cause when i actually do go and learn theory it goes in through one ear and out the other ear. And because i can never actually take the time to learn solo's anymore
I suck because I can´t play solos and because I don´t know any scales exept the pentatonic :P
I 'suck' cause I can't be bothered to learn chords, I only know about 20, and I don't focus on rhythm work as much as I should. And I don't learn solos, I see no need in using other peoples techniques in solos. I prefer my own.

I'm good at not using tabs and working stuff out by ear! So I WIN!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i suck because i can never learn solos. but im good because i am an excellent rythm guitarist.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
i suck because ive been playing guitar for 6months and dont know a complete song.
I suck cause I don't want to learn scales
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I suck because I don't believe in the majority of music theory, lmao. Only scales I enjoyed learning were Blues related.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Aug 5, 2008,
You guys suck but don't worry, I suck too.

I'm not true to the songs as I play 'em as instrumentals. I play guitar for sheer enjoyment and that's all it's gonna be.
I suck because it takes me ages to work things out by ear.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I know very little theory, about 5 scales, I dont practice enough, and am still working on correcting poor technique from when I tried to teach myself.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
because i know a load of scales, modes exotic scales and arpeggios but only 6 chord shapes.
because i physically cant use a metronome

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Musicman_91
I suck because I can´t play solos and because I don´t know any scales exept the pentatonic :P

ditto.
well i can play solos, but i gotta dedicate alot to them, but usually I BS them and go through a pentatonic, i guess it works, but it's nothing amazing.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
i suck because i can't play keyboards very well.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I suck because I dont give a f*ck what people think. I just play. I should listen to people's constructive critisim more often.
Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.
It seems that most people on UG suck...
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I don't know most of the notes on the guitar, and i only know the major scale and pentatonic :P. Im prety good at keeping time and begin rhythymic though.
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
I don't think its bad to only use the pentatonic and blues,but i need to fill in all the blank spots and master them completly.Other than that,I'm fine.
meh
Quote by braydz
i suck because ive been playing guitar for 6months and dont know a complete song.

Yep... Me too!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I suck because I don't practice as much as I should, it's lower on my priority list than it should be. And when I do practice, I often lack any kind of structure, so even if I start out with some good exercises, I end up just playing blues scales and other stuff that feels good instead of actually practicing things that will improve my technique...
I suck because i only know the basic chords, and i rarely use them.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Use tabs guys. Learning from songs is usually the best way whether you learn the whole song or parts of it, you can call them etudes. Have the theory behind you if you like and see the musical structures of the songs.

The artists plays by ears and if the tabs are accurate enough to represent 'em you'll see stuff outside of the theory. They're good at that.

If you wanna learn how to improvise starting out with scales is not a very good idea without the knowledge of chords and chord progressions. That means learn how to play rhythm guitar. After that lead playing comes a lot easier.

I admit I'm old school (Mel Bay anyone?) but anyway, just have fun.
I suck cos I say I'll do something then I half arse it

and I never finsish songs.

But im a reasonable guitarist
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I suck because I can't be arsed to learn more theory. I know about a million scales, so I'm finished.
Quote by jxmxaxn
I suck cause i dont want to take the time to finish learning songs, practice scales, and learn theory.

sameeee
Quote by jxmxaxn

+1
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
I suck because I can't will not learn to read music. Everytime someone's tried, it ends with "Dude, you're ****in' me up."
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by jxmxaxn

+2
Quote by jxmxaxn

+3

I suck cause in the 3 months ive been playing I can only play iron man.
Many many moons ago Metallica was all I was learning (pre-black album when they still sounded good) and since then I haven’t learned solo's from other musicians. It seems that whatever I'm doing a note or pattern will come out that to my ears speaks Metallica. So I suck because to me all my improve solo's sound Kirk Hammett-ish in some way.
Page 1 of 2