Any know if this will be a good combination to tame the beast and get tube saturation w/o cops knocking at my door?
yup.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
i dont know what to tell you haha.

I mean its an attentuator. a fine one if i say so myself, itll do what you want.
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
yea I just want to get that tube saturation to get rid of any thinness and buzz that occurs at lower volume levels. I just dont want it to be so loud that i get ear damage and piss off the neighborhood. Slightly above normal bedroom volume is what im shootin for
Yeah it does that.

It really helped my lower volume as well,

it also has two "eq" switches that can compensate in tone loss for the lows or highs/mids.
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
yeah i like big beefy lows...thats the problem with cranking the amp...in addition to sheer volume...the tons of resonance i dial in causes the whole house to shake and tremble (i dont even wanna know what goes on outside)
Pretty much equal, they get good reviews. And if im not mistaken they are cheaper.
Quote by kayman121
from what i understand....masses are best for lower wattage amps (<75)...no?

There are different versions:

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mass.htm

I havent owned an attenuater, i have a big garage in the middle of nowhere so i cant really give opinion on performance. But i put weber mass out there so you atleast have some alternatives to check out.
Ted suggests that you get an attenuator that is at least 1.5 times that of your amp wattage wise so if you crank it you dont run the risk of blowing the output xformer. highest hes got now with the mass series is 150..and the peavey is 120 idk though im gonna look into that and his 200W transistor based ones..maybe even give him a ring and see what he thinks..as i dont plan on cranking the peavey up past 4-5 master volume anyways..so maybe i dont need the 1.5 times wattage
I just got my 50w minimass today. I'm going to see If I can send it back, it sounds absolutely terrible with my Krank Rev Jr.
Quote by ZackRadical
I just got my 50w minimass today. I'm going to see If I can send it back, it sounds absolutely terrible with my Krank Rev Jr.

Are you sure your using it right? How come you need an attenuater for that anyway, you share a room or something?