#1
yeah, I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and when I put the tips of my fingers on the strings it's perfectly fine and playable (which REALLY is all that counts I guess) however, when any other part of my body (arm. back of hand, leg, face, whatever) touches the strings or any other metal part on the guitar I get electrocuted. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
#3
yeah I know I was.. shocked I guess if that's not too confusing of an expression to use at this point
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
#4
I think it may be a grounding problem somewhere. This thread pops up quite a bit.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
#6
maybe you got some grounding problems and check if your finger tips are hard/stiff (idk how to call it)...if they are, then that's the reason why you don't get shocked there.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
#7
Quote by Lil Macker
I think it may be a grounding problem somewhere. This thread pops up quite a bit.


I thought it had something to do with that.. I removed the ground prong on the amp cord so that it would fit into a standard 2 prong outlet.. could that be the issue?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
#9
Quote by Martindecorum
yeah but lil macker, grounding issue to the max it must be lol.

do u have active pickups TS


negative
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
#11
Are you plugging into an amplifier or a plug socket?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo


E-Married to Funny_Page
#12
Quote by Kozlic
check if your finger tips are hard/stiff (idk how to call it)

Erect?
#13
Quote by farfaraway
Erect?


no, callused
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
#14
Quote by Chrisiphone
Are you plugging into an amplifier or a plug socket?


lol

wtf

get rid of it.
#15
Quote by mystical_1
lol

wtf

get rid of it.



get rid of my baby? you're joking of course
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
#17
Try it with the grounding prong back on.

If not, just open up the guitar and check all the connections on the pots and the output jack.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay