I though of buying this amp for exchange of my Marshall AVT20 amp…
Dose its much better then the AVT? The music I mostly play is between rock to metal…
Yes it is an all tube amp. It is better than your AVT.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
cant knock it at all really, im not an expert on amps but i like the dB boost and the clarity on clean amazes me.
then again i used to have an mg...
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
It's a MUCH better upgrade.

But it has a bad speaker and stock tubes aren't good, which stopped me buying it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
depends where you are, but in the UK, around £50.

i guess, the dsl is alright, but it really depends on which country you're in- in the UK, marshalls can be decent value, but in other countries, there are normally better-value options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well im from Israel...and don't ask how much was the cost of my AVT20...something like 2200 shekels, which is something like f***ing 500$ -__-
The prices here are ass.
My plan is to get my avt20 back to the store and then bought the dsl in around 800$ except 1200$
ok... what brands and models of amp are available where you are? i remember someone else from israel recently was looking for a new amp, and you had some of the brands available (peavey maybe?), but not all...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Amm from the store I bought the AVT20 they have only Marshall and Roland I think...the problem is that they're site isn't really updated so I cant know for sure what else they've got
i have it but honestly my valvestate is better than it (1st series tho) get a laney gh50
Quote by shugon8
the valvestate is the AVT?

The ValveState was indeed the older model AVT's, before they made some "upgrades" which essentially made the AVT's worse than ValveStates.
lol that's weird...So you're saying that the Valvestate which is not all tube amp is better then the DSL401?
It will be a big jump up from your AVT. There may be a better amp for you, but if your choices come down to Roland and Marshall, then this amp will suit you well.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I own a DSL401, it is indeed a great amp. There are better amps out their for classic rock, but it is doable with the right EQ. Also, OD-2 channel is fantastic for metal. And the clean channel is crystal clear, for a Marshall.
Thank you I think I'll try my little plan of exchange the AVT for the DSL, So in overall im not doing a mistake here for buying it? (Unlike the AVT...)
Quote by AdamDK
The ValveState was indeed the older model AVT's, before they made some "upgrades" which essentially made the AVT's worse than ValveStates.

Quote by shugon8
lol that's weird...So you're saying that the Valvestate which is not all tube amp is better then the DSL401?

no, he's saying that the older valvestates (the vs series, i think) are better than the new avts. But the dsl401 should be better than either of those, especially if you upgrade the speaker.

Quote by TNfootballfan62
It will be a big jump up from your AVT. There may be a better amp for you, but if your choices come down to Roland and Marshall, then this amp will suit you well.

agreed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Dave's right about the spekaer upgrade. As much as I love my DSL, the speaker seems to make high-gain very muddy. Grab something like Greenbacks or some decent Celestion speaker and you'll have more clarity and less mud on the OD channel.
greenback probably isn't rated for a high enough wattage (nor a gh12h30), you want it to be rated at at least 40 watts... i guess a vintage 30 would work, but there are several celestion speakers rated over 40 watts, and also eminence would probably be worth a look too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn I don't think I can buy such speaker in my country...and I'm not into buying from eBay or any other place outside Israel...I'll check it out but I don't think I'll find it here. If I wont dose the amp still worth buying? AdamDK says the problem is in the OD channel, in the further I might buy a good distortion pedal is that would make it better?
^That wouldn't make the speaker better, no. But the amp will be just fine. Changing the speaker would improve it, but it's still going to be a good amp with the stock speaker.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by shugon8
Damn I don't think I can buy such speaker in my country...and I'm not into buying from eBay or any other place outside Israel...I'll check it out but I don't think I'll find it here. If I wont dose the amp still worth buying? AdamDK says the problem is in the OD channel, in the further I might buy a good distortion pedal is that would make it better?

It's not really a huge problem, you can work your way around it. It's just less clarity on the OD channel than you could have with different speakers. It isn't a huge problem. Also, an overdrive pedal can make the amp better, but it will still have the muddyness in the speakers. However, I use my Boss SD-1 as a boost on OD-1 and it is great. But really, you'd be better saving money for a speaker upgrade if it bothers you.
I have a DSL-401. Although Ive never tried it with another speaker, the stock speaker is still good IMO, although a new one could improve it.

It can do perfect tones for what you want. OD1 is perfect for rock (from led zeppelin to kings of leon), and OD2 pushes you into good metal tones (Rage against the machine, metallica etc).

The cleans are crystal clear, but with a little tweaking of the cleans gain knob, you can easily get it to do some crunchy cleans (such as red hot chili peppers cant stop) if thats what you want.

In all, its an amazing amp, and a brilliant upgrade from your AVT.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
yeah, i mean it's still an upgrade over the avt even without the speaker upgrade.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?