I'm considering buying a cheap guitar to mess around with and have a question. If I was doing a material finish (ie cutting out paper/fabric and gluing it to the guitar), would I have to go through all the trouble of sanding, and taking off all the electronics and stuff, or could I just glue the material on because there's no painting involved? I read the stickys but wasn't sure if what was said there was the answer to my question. Thanks for your help
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Yeah I looked at that but the body used might have been one from scratch whereas I was planning to try this with a cheapo guitar
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
No, I think he stripped the paint of a JEM body. There'll be a tutorial on paint stripping in the sticky. If you remove all components from your guitar, then strip it, you can do a material finish
Ok thanks, I'll consider this for a cool project.