I've got a good opportunity to buy an used JCM600, it's 60w with 2x12" speakers, it's a model from 99', what do you think of that model?
Its essentially a 60watt JCM900, so if you're into that tone, go for it!
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Could you compare it to JCM800, I heard that JCM900 has some solid state parts that emulate more gain?
Are there any problems that are known to happen often with that series of amps? Anything special I should check when I go to demo that amp?
From what I've read on these forums before:

JCM800: More of a "classic" rock sound. (70's or 80's)
JCM900: A more modern sound. (90's or early 00's)

JCM800 is supposed to have nicer cleans and the JCM900 to have more gain.
Actually, JCM600 is interesting to me, not the JCM900 - someone said they are similar
Well yea, as they said: "Its essentially a 60watt JCM900".

A JCM600 (Basically a 60watt version of the JCM900) would kick ass. Then you have my general differences compared with the JCM800 like you asked for.
I just want to get as much info as I can before I try it because the guy who is selling it lives about 400km far (250miles) so I have to be sure it's the right amp for me before I go and try it out
I play in a few bands, with one I play Deep Purple, Morse's sound is close to what I want (maybe a bit more gain)
The JCM 600 came before the JCM 800 look at vid on youtube to here what it sounds like. It sounds nice but it has virtually no bass frequencies.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Quote by Tokai ALS-48
The JCM 600 came before the JCM 800 look at vid on youtube to here what it sounds like. It sounds nice but it has virtually no bass frequencies.

No it didn't. The JCM600 came out in the 90s as part of a budget tube line as a cheaper alternative to the more expensive JCM900.

The JCM800 was the first JCM line.
Quote by metalhead_365
i heard somewhere that the JCM600 is loosely based on Marshall's older amps like the plexi's etc, but i do know that jcm600 doesnt have as much gain as a jcm900, and the 900 is voiced for more modern music. but yh if you can try the 600 out before you buy it.

Wrong there dude. The one you're thinking of the JCM900 MK. 3

Anyway for Deep Purple, at least the old ones, a JCM900 is a bad choice IMO...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009