Hey guys...
I usually use Super Slinkys... but I want to experiment with different gauges/makes.
I've been looking at the Elixir Anti Rust Strings 10-46... Though I could get 3 sets of Ernie Ball strings for the same price, and I'm not sure of the reliability of the Elexirs...

Basically I wan't something to solo fast with... And have awesome sounding riffage
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
That 1 set of Elixir strings could probably last longer than all 3 sets of the Ernie Ball strings.
I use GHS Dimebag .10's, nice n' light but crunchy as a cockroach! lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by hazzmatazz
That 1 set of Elixir strings could probably last longer than all 3 sets of the Ernie Ball strings.

+1

Elixer's are superior.
I'll give the Elxir's a try then.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
elixirs are the best i have ever used. the polyweb is good and doesnt rust with proper care! ernie ball strings are good but not as smooth feeling for solos as the elixirs!go wth the elixir
Nanoweb or Polyweb?
Which one would you prefer?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Be a pro, get Poly yo!, okay my rap career is over, lol.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Stop dissing EB's, they are the best quality strings on the market, just are known for a shorter life span... BUT NOT THAT MUCH, they still last 2 weeks, maybe you should look in the fact your sweating to much or something (obese?) and fix that problem.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
Stop dissing EB's, they are the best quality strings on the market, just are known for a shorter life span... BUT NOT THAT MUCH, they still last 2 weeks, maybe you should look in the fact your sweating to much or something (obese?) and fix that problem.

Well I've just ordered some Elixirs and bought some Fast Fret just to be safe...
And I will admit I have sweaty hands
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by hellraiserharry
elixirs are the best i have ever used. the polyweb is good and doesnt rust with proper care! ernie ball strings are good but not as smooth feeling for solos as the elixirs!go wth the elixir

I didn't really like the Elixir's when I played them, seemed a bit slippy, so I'm sticking with Ernie Balls.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't like coated strings. they feel too slippery for me, so I say look into some GHS Boomers. They last longer than EB's and are about the same price, and they're just as bright.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I don't like coated strings. they feel too slippery for me, so I say look into some GHS Boomers. They last longer than EB's and are about the same price, and they're just as bright.

+1 to that, GHS boomers are highly recommended for guitarists in the metal genres, wouldn't suggest them for too much more besides hard rock though.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
+1 to that, GHS boomers are highly recommended for guitarists in the metal genres, wouldn't suggest them for too much more besides hard rock though.

Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by bloodycomfort

+1 for boomers, they have a great sound that is bright yet still manages to be full. They are designed to be loud and as a result they even sound great unplugged. Although I use them for nearly everything but metal haha.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Quote by DimebagJosho
I'll give the Elxir's a try then.

ELIXIRS FTW!!! seriously, wonderful strings. not only the best feeling in my personal opinion but also the longest lasting. i've had a set on my jet king for getting close to 3 or 4 months now. granted...they've needed changing for about a month of that time, but i'm too lazy to do anything about that....
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
D'Addario XL's are my favorites!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Sublime Stylee
+1 for boomers, they have a great sound that is bright yet still manages to be full. They are designed to be loud and as a result they even sound great unplugged. Although I use them for nearly everything but metal haha.

hey, maybe I should start a GHS users group.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden