I just put my Cort B4 into a service to get it cleaned and restrung as well as a problem with the tuning pegs. I picked it up yesterday and the neck has been bent so that the strings now sit further away from the neck as well as the neck being slanted so that the G string is closer to the neck than the E. Go figure.

I'm obviously not very happy about this. My question is A) Is this a fixable problem, and is it expensive to fix? and B) if anyone has a Cort Artisan B4, can you please take some pictures specifically of a horizontal view of the neck as well as the head to prove it's the same model. As many pictures as possible will help me... I've got no proof it's different otherwise unless they happen to have the model in stock.

I'm gonna try and get them to pay for the damage, but I don't know how far I'm gonna get. So yeah, any help is greatly appreciated... I'm pretty upset about it.
Quote by crazynickman
Dont be sad roo, you pwned him!
Well that doesn't really fix my bass.
Quote by crazynickman
I'm planning too, I just can't prove it's their fault without pre-service pictures and that.
Quote by crazynickman
mention a lawyer even if you don't have one. Lou Campanelli is a good name.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
true, but they wouldnt have worked on it if it was all bent n shiz
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
That is very true. I'll be sure to mention that.
Quote by crazynickman
sounds like its warped, i had a warped guitar once, its repairable but kinda pricey.
Do you have the original receipt for work that describes what they were supposed to do? Take that and the bass back and let them know you aren't pleased and they need fix it or you'll take further actions.

It sounds like the person who worked on your bass is a little unfamiliar with adjusting a truss rod and setting action / intonation on a bass. If they haven't messed up the truss rod, its a fairly easy fix and should be resolvable.
How much did it cost you? If it's more than half of what the bass is worth I might try and sell the bass and buy an A4 or something instead.
Quote by crazynickman
I should have the receipt somewhere... If not they've got it on their computer, I saw them save it. That sounds like the most reasonable way to go about it though thanks.
Quote by crazynickman
Quote by roo6339
I'm planning too, I just can't prove it's their fault without pre-service pictures and that.

wait...so your gonna get someone elses pictures...so you can prove....that your bass..(which isnt the one in the pictures)....wasnt messed up before you took it to them....Have fun with that....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Is the action the same on both sides?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by biga29

wait...so your gonna get someone elses pictures...so you can prove....that your bass..(which isnt the one in the pictures)....wasnt messed up before you took it to them....Have fun with that....

Just keep it on the hush-hush and everything will be fine.
Quote by roo6339
I just put my Cort B4 into a service to get it cleaned and restrung as well as a problem with the tuning pegs. I picked it up yesterday and the neck has been bent so that the strings now sit further away from the neck as well as the neck being slanted so that the G string is closer to the neck than the E. Go figure.

he's probably either overtightened the strings or set the truss rod wrong. as for the G string, have a gander at the bridge and see how its set
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
They shouldn't put up too much of a fight if you just go and explain what's wrong, at the end of the day they wont really have a leg to stand on, unless they find it acceptable for a bass to come in for a set up and leave with a warped neck/dodgily set action and truss rod. Even if it was like that before, the fact is you paid them to sort it out and they didn't
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
is it a dual action truss rod (not sure if that's the proper name) in other words does it have 2 holes for allen keys? if it does then you just need to loosen both of them but the one under the high strings more so than the other
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Well with the pictures I'm hoping they won't notice it's not mine and if they do it still shows what the bass model looks like (assuming they haven't done their own work on it).

I'm phoning them today to let them know I'm coming in, so we'll see what they have to say about it.
Quote by crazynickman
Just an update for those who are interested. I took it back and she was very apologetic and embarrassed about it. She gave it to someone she's never used before and can not believe it. She said she's never using that guy again.

I just got a phone call then and it turns out that the truss rod is broken. Obviously this is a huge problem. The quotes she's getting to fix it are HUGE so it looks like they're gonna have to get me a new bass. She has said she's willing to pay for it all. Being a small store I can't see them being able to afford this comfortably. I could hear the stress in her voice and it is actually showing on her skin that she's visably (sp?) beat up about it.

Now my options are upgrade to a better model (obviously we'll have to cover the difference there), or just take a new one of the same model (I do love it) or go for a different bass altogether of the same value. Suggestions?

And just as a matter of discussion, would you offer to donate anything? I don't think I can afford to, and I know it's their fault, but they're a very good store and she really does care. Would you offer a small donation? Not asking for suggestions there, just curious what you would do.
Quote by crazynickman
this what u tell them

Imma slap ya like i slap my bass!

EDIT: tell her this

buy me a new better one or imma slap ya like i slap my bass

then when she gets u a new one, slap her liek a bass anyways then run out of the sotre yelling "woob woob woob!!!"
Try adding more delay.
Last edited by telecastrmastr at Aug 15, 2008,
Shouldn't the guy that "fixed" it have to pay for it?

Try to let her know you're not mad at her.

Just looked online...that's a bolt-on isn't it? You could just get a new neck...
Nope, no sig here.
neck being slanted so that the G string is closer to the neck than the E.

have this too... but is it a problem?
should I get it fixed?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
have this too... but is it a problem?
should I get it fixed?

I don't think it is actually. I think it's built like that since the E string is so much thicker than the G. I just never noticed it before.
Quote by crazynickman
Quote by roo6339
I don't think it is actually. I think it's built like that since the E string is so much thicker than the G. I just never noticed it before.

pfeww

I have a 5-string so it is quite noticable :p
hope it isn't a problem because then I am really stupid ignoring it
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by roo6339
Just an update for those who are interested. I took it back and she was very apologetic and embarrassed about it. She gave it to someone she's never used before and can not believe it. She said she's never using that guy again.

I just got a phone call then and it turns out that the truss rod is broken. Obviously this is a huge problem. The quotes she's getting to fix it are HUGE so it looks like they're gonna have to get me a new bass. She has said she's willing to pay for it all. Being a small store I can't see them being able to afford this comfortably. I could hear the stress in her voice and it is actually showing on her skin that she's visably (sp?) beat up about it.

Now my options are upgrade to a better model (obviously we'll have to cover the difference there), or just take a new one of the same model (I do love it) or go for a different bass altogether of the same value. Suggestions?

And just as a matter of discussion, would you offer to donate anything? I don't think I can afford to, and I know it's their fault, but they're a very good store and she really does care. Would you offer a small donation? Not asking for suggestions there, just curious what you would do.

Unless you can get hold of a B4 neck on ebay then your best bet is to get a new model, or see if you can get hold of one cheap enough. trade prices on corts are low enough (rrp on an A6 is £700ish, Trade is about..£450!!). tell her to make the other guy pay for the damages, as it was him who caused it!

as for donations, i would throw a few quid their way, or do something like buy some new strings or something daft. anything to show you're still a loyal customer to them.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.