Everything here in Australia (instruments). Now I know about the cost of shipping and all that stuff, but is it really neccesary to charge musicians obsurd amounts of money for an instrument?????

I mean seriously, why does a $500 amp suddenly become a $1100AUD amp???!?!?! Even converting the USD to AUD is pretty much 1:1 now... So why the random price spike. If i could convert this properly, a Valveking 212 (u guessed it) would have customs (10% of price) + shipping

=$550 for amp + $150 shipping at least

So at $700 why the hell is it $400 more?!?!

Can someone pls explain?

P.S: does this also affect you in your country?
It's like the UK, it's because people like to rip you off in certain countries. VAT doesnt help as well.
Where's your source? Got a link? Because that seems pretty friggin' nuts. You should just buy from an American site that is willing to ship to Australia for some extra dough, but it shouldn't cost near to that much more!
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
i know how you feel man
i too live in australia.. im trying to find a nice guitar and all these americans are like "this schecter is reeeeally good and a steal at 400".. then i look at aussie stores and its like $1200.. ****ing bull**** i duno how they can get away with it.
Economies of scale. Australia is a very small market, demand is much lower therefore the transportation and distribution costs per unit are much higher. There's also not enough demand to warrant having a direct supply line so they likely come from a distributor rather than direct from the factory.

Schecter might shift 50,000 guitars a year in the US, they'd be lucky to sell 1,000 in Australia.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Economies of scale. Australia is a very small market, demand is much lower therefore the transportation and distribution costs per unit are much higher. There's also not enough demand to warrant having a direct supply line so they likely come from a distributor rather than direct from the factory.

Schecter might shift 50,000 guitars a year in the US, they'd be lucky to sell 1,000 in Australia.

I hate you! Every time I'm gonna say something, you say the same in a more complicated manner!!

Heh, kidding, but I was gonna say that!!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Couldn't you just technically just buy from wholesale at www.amazon.com and just pay the Australian shipping rate? I know damn well it wont be as overpriced as what I just looked at in disgust, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by cleft11
It's like the UK, it's because people like to rip you off in certain countries. VAT doesnt help as well.

Quote by steven seagull

it's pretty much a combination of these two things.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?