Mods have been saying post drum-related things in the pit, so I will. And yes I am on other drum forums, just wanted the opinions of possible drummers here aswell.

How much do you think this kit is worth? It's by stagg and has solar cymbals. It's around 6 years old.

how much did you pay?

At a guess, AU$350-400.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

I haven't paid anything, I need a price because I'm thinking of buying them but the owner doesn't know the value. UK, btw.
Quote by dandadog
I haven't paid anything, I need a price because I'm thinking of buying them but the owner doesn't know the value. UK, btw.

lol?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I'd say 100-150
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
yeah 200$ at the most, staggs aren't very good drum kits. The keys for tuning the drums look cheap. The cymbals look cheap. It's old. The drum heads are original stagg drum heads so i bet they sound bad. The cymbal stands look pretty good, the high hat and kick pedal look decent. The throne looks like kinda cheap. Looks like a good starter kit, especially if you replace the drum heads with remos or evans.
Quote by altgrunge
yeah 200$ at the most, staggs aren't very good drum kits. The keys for tuning the drums look cheap. The cymbals look cheap. It's old. The drum heads are original stagg drum heads so i bet they sound bad. The cymbal stands look pretty good, the high hat and kick pedal look decent. The throne looks like kinda cheap. Looks like a good starter kit, especially if you replace the drum heads with remos or evans.

Replacing the heads with remos or evans is exactly what I was recommended over on drummercafe, aswell as the $200 price. Thanks all.
Quote by alexlemon2
tree fiddy

"DAMMIT, LOCH NESS MONSTA, I AIN'T GIVIN' YOU NO DAMN TREE FIDDY!"
"I gave him a dollar."
"SHE GAVE HIM A DOLLAR!"
Didn't wanna make a new thread. I've been offered this for £80 with the solar cymbals, £50 with the original stagg cymbals, or an Aria kit with meinl cymbals but a broken snare stand for £70. Which is best?
Serious dont pay more than £100...my bro has one and after 2 years they are pieces of crap (tey're pretty close to start with.) Its is NOT worth more than £100 GBP pay any more any you might as well get a more recent/better kit (although it's still a cheep set!!)

EDIT:..DO THE £80 STAGG/SOLAR OR THE £70 ARIA (
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Since I'm not a drummer I'll give you my unbiased opinion.

I think it's worth half an onion.

Your welcome.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by spider666
Since I'm not a drummer I'll give you my uniased opinion.

I think it's worth half an onion.

Your welcome.

Thanks.

Anyone else?
So far as i know their fairly bottom of the range Stagg mainly make beginner stuff so it shoudn't be more than 200-300 euros of the top of my head and the cymbals if their new im not sure on them but all together 450 is the most i would pend on this. I you can fing some pearl targets for that price i would get them, their always good for their price.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
So far as i know their fairly bottom of the range Stagg mainly make beginner stuff so it shoudn't be more than 200-300 euros of the top of my head and the cymbals if their new im not sure on them but all together 450 is the most i would pend on this. I you can fing some pearl targets for that price i would get them, their always good for their price.

I don't need a price on the drums anymore, I need to know which is better out of the 2. Thanks though..

Stagg with solar cymbals, or Aria with meinl cymbals.
Last edited by dandadog at Aug 29, 2008,
i guess i'd take meinl over aria.

idon't think theres any diff between those levels of stagg or solar kits.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
you can see by the way the skin doesn't have any "scars" on it (the snare for example is Too smooth) that the person who owned didn't play it so much. they look good...the bass drum pedal looks really good, I don't quite like the cymbals though...
I agree with the £200 guy...maybe a little less
...And The Nominees Are