Ok, obviously I have an Epiphone Les Paul. Which doesn't sound all that great through my V3.

I will be getting a new guitar in the future anyway but will be keeping the L.P. also.

My real question I guess is...is it worth it to replace the pick ups on a Epi LP, price wise? Will it make that much of a difference with the cheaper model guitar?

BTW the amp sounds great my Charvel/Jackson plays nice through it but a $1600 guitar vs. $600. But the Jackson is a single humbucker and dual single coil set up.
Well i never like Epi at all, =| thats just me though and maybe the fact that everyone with one i knew sucked really bad with one helped. Anyways if you say the epi was 600$ though it must not be all that bad and i suppose a pickup swap would help alot.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Yea the amp is a Carvin V3.
The Epi plays decent and for like $180 - $200 for pickups vs like $600-$800 for a Schecter or something similar seems better.

The Epi has a shorter scale neck than my Jackson so certain things seem easier to play on it where it comes to long stretches.
What kind of LP is this? LP-100? Studio? Standard? Custom?
EDIT: Oh. Well, I'd say a SD 59 or Jazz in the neck and a SD custom 5 in the bridge
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 5, 2008,
Mostly rock to heavy rock, not metal, like Kutless, Skillet Breaking Benjamin. etc.
I will keep those 2 in mind...I was looking at the pickup picker on dimarzio's site and doing some other research and the PAF Joe Neck and Fred Bridge were 2 others I was looking at.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think you really need to play around the with EQ some more. That thing is powerful.
I still need to take a pic of my co-guitarist's EQ, as he has a V3, for someone else. I'll share.

Yea I noticed the amp is really responsive to changes in eq, I could spend all day playing with it. It's nice though cause it makes it very versatile.

The problem is I play both guitars through it, and it is tuned great for the jackson but kinda muddy almost too heavy or warm with the Epi no matter how I tune the eq so far.

I do need a better cab for my V3 atm, I am using an old Line 6 Spider II cab, my cusin has a Mesa Road ready cab with the 2 diff black shadows or whatever and it sounds a lot better on it.
if you like the guitar, it's probably worth a pickup swap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
get some new pups

bridge - Dimarzio Norton
neck - Dimarzio PAF Pro

also get a new cab
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: