I just got my first wah pedal....I thought it can help improve my sound/tone.I got the holdign it forward and leaving it back part..But i don't know how to use it when you actually rock it.Can someone explain how you use this thing??
Well theres a few ways you can use it, You can rock it back and forth with the tempo, or develope a pattern to play over a certain chord rhythym or riff. Theres alot of ways to use it. Usually i just rock it randomly, throw a flutter with your foot in to add some flavor.
Also in solos artists have been known to leave it on and pressed foreward all the way to boost trebble.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
ok thanks, That realy cleared up alot,I thought you always had to do to the beat or some pattern
I find that lower notes/strings sound better more towards the heel and high notes towards the toe. Also whenever I'm doing a vibrato or tremolo or even a big bend I rock my foot forward with the bend or whatever. I'm not telling you thats right, I have no idea, in fact someone tell me if that makes sense or I'm just messing around? But anyway it sounds good for soloing that way. If you make a run from your low e to high e try following from heel to toe as you go, then back off towards heel and go about half way down in octaves, then slam it all the way to toe and do a killer bend real high up. sounds cool.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I find that lower notes/strings sound better more towards the heel and high notes towards the toe. Also whenever I'm doing a vibrato or tremolo or even a big bend I rock my foot forward with the bend or whatever. I'm not telling you thats right, I have no idea, in fact someone tell me if that makes sense or I'm just messing around? But anyway it sounds good for soloing that way. If you make a run from your low e to high e try following from heel to toe as you go, then back off towards heel and go about half way down in octaves, then slam it all the way to toe and do a killer bend real high up. sounds cool.

Now, this is a person who has been practicing with his wah...a lot!

I have found some of the same tricks over time...good on ya!

Chris
Good to hear, because actually I've had a wah for I think 4 days now... haha
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I always push it forward when doing bends and keep it forward for the duration of the bend....

I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Pretend what youre playing is you talking, and try to mimic it with the wah
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I think the answer is that there is no proper use. Just experiment and find what sounds good.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|