Hey, has anyone here actually had stuff delivered next day from them like they say on their website, because over the space of 2 years i've ordered about 7 things from them, all taking about 4-10 days.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
i ordered a bass on thursday which they said was due on friday, they then contacted me and said i wouldnt recieve it till the following friday due to stock problems so i cancelled my order

EDIT: merchant city music, by the way, deliver in under 24 hours of your order in my experience
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Last edited by CaptainJack666 at Aug 5, 2008,
EDIT: ^ You had to wait a week and you cancelled your order?! Why couldn't you wait?!

I've ordered next day delivery on tons of items I've bought on Dolphin Music, GAK and Soundslive, but I've always had them a few daysa after.

I'm guessing it's probably the mail company.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
could be, but City Link are ok when my dads ordered in computer parts. Im just a bit annoyed that i pay a tenner each time for delivery and it still takes a while, whereas other places get it to me quicker with cheapest delivery available.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Lil Macker
EDIT: ^ You had to wait a week and you cancelled your order?! Why couldn't you wait?!

if they said it'd be there the following day, then told him it'd take a week, it's perfectly reasonable to cancel. Maybe he needed it quickly. Even if not, he's well within his rights to cancel.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ive done exactly the same. They should have a stock thing on there so you know if its in or not. Like Merchant City Music. I cancelled my order because the bass wasn't in stock. I swear none of there crap is in stock they just order what they get orders for. I personally dont like them.
Man 1 word

Thomann

..... I order all my pedals and accesories of them, i live in the uk and it only takes about 2 days until i recieve them, they are really great as far as price goes. And delivery is only £6 for an order.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
Man 1 word

Thomann

..... I order all my pedals and accesories of them, i live in the uk and it only takes about 2 days until i recieve them, they are really great as far as price goes. And delivery is only £6 for an order.

Not neccesarily; some things are more expensive from Thomann than they are anywhere in the UK that I've seen.

I can't say I've ever actually received anything the next day but they've always been in good enough time for my wants and needs.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Merchant City Music is my local guitar shop. Its small, but I think theyre awesome, and having spoken to people who have ordered online,they do deliver very quickly.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
i've ordered from GAK twice - the first time they sent the item within about a week. the 2nd time was going to take about 4 months, so i cancelled after 3 and decided never to bother with them again.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
How about this for a crazy idea, phone gak before you order to make sure they have it in...
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Not neccesarily; some things are more expensive from Thomann than they are anywhere in the UK that I've seen.

agreed. thomann can be cheaper for some stuff, but for others it can be more expensive. it pays (literally) to do your research.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gak's website and the shop are completely separate according to one of the shop workers...

When I ordered online, it took about a week to recieve my order, pissed me off alot actually, also, if they don't have the item in stock, It can take forever for them to be bothered to get it in and send it out.

Like above, 4 months!
Quote by Blast For Satan
Gak's website and the shop are completely separate according to one of the shop workers...

Yeah, it's true; the shop and online shop are separate companies and don't hold the same stock.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
They've always taken at least a week for me. Also, four of the five things I've ordered - pickups, pedals and so on - have been incorrect (wrong type of pickups sent, one time I ordered a Digitech OD pedal and they sent a Boss Delay...) and needed returning, and the fifth - a guitar - was dented and heavily scratched, even though it was sold to me as new and no mention of it being used was to be seen.

Sometimes GAK will have a sale on something or heavily cut the price of something (a while back they were selling Gibson Les Paul Standards and Classics for under £900), and they are one of only three dealers in the UK allowed to sell new Gibson and Epiphone products, but other than that, I don't think there's any point from buying from them and I prefer to spend my money elsewhere now. They've ****ed up too many times for me to bother with them again unless they're putting on a real bargin.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
They've ****ed up too many times for me to bother with them again unless they're putting on a real bargin.

Yeah, what pissed me off is the way they kept on giving me a "estimated despatch date", and when that day arrived, they'd change the date a few days forward repeatedly so that i waited over a month without cancelling because i was thinking "they are actually going to send it this time". Total **** - completely unacceptable for a company that claims to have the best service in europe..

the reason i didn't give them a 2nd chance is because of all the other complaints i've heard.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
^ that's ridiculous... if they did that to me, they'd lose my custom too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They are crap they never say when they have stock in =S It took them longer to send me a instock pedal than it does for Thomann to order something in then send it me.

Try Thomann.de. /Thread.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

I ordered got my latest guitar from them not too long ago, it was a joke they estimated the dispatch date to be in a months time then when it got to that date it was moved forwards by nearly 3 weeks. i was going to get my amp from them but they made sure i won't be buying from them again.
I phoned them before i ordered, they said they had 1 in stock and i got it in about 2 days....
according to despatch date my amp should be sent tomorrow i hope! Anyone know if it will come with an invoice/paperwork? as i have no proof of purchase
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
they NEVER have anything in stock so they never deliver that quickly.

you can do this think they let you do when they dont have anything in stock they can order it from the manufacture for an additional £30 i think
and being left handed, they usually have to specially order stock.