I'm helping my buddy find something that will suite him for when he upgrades his rig, he plays mostly classic rock, i.e., Journey, Guns 'n Roses, AC/DC, stuff like that, but he still occasionally plays some harder stuff,
as far as i know, he has no budget, and he is looking for tube, so any advice for heads, speakers, or both would be helpful,
thanks
Well, I think it's obvious that he should get an original handwired Marshall Plexi.

Oh, wait, you didn't mention a price range.
I suggest buying AC/DC's stage rig, if he has no budget.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Well, I think it's obvious that he should get an original handwired Marshall Plexi.

I need one of those!
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Looks like JCM800 with greenback cabs and a boost pedal?

Or a plexi if you have the money (that would be awesome hehe)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by forsaknazrael
If you're in the 500-750 dollar price range, I recommend a Traynor YCV50 Blue.
It'll do all those bands you mentioned, and get a bit heavier, too.

Great Marshall-voiced amp.

Oh, you.

+1.

I believe if your friend is on a tight budget, this could easily work for the sounds. I like to play Journey quite a bit, and it works nicely, along with all the other classic rock.
Quote by al112987
Metropoulos JTM45/100

Argh... beat me to it.

That with a TS808 or Maxon OD808, some form of Wah, a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat and you should be all set.

Unless he doesn't need guitars........
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
Argh... beat me to it.

That with a TS808 or Maxon OD808, some form of Wah, a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat and you should be all set.

Unless he doesn't need guitars........
And assuming the buyer actually has no budget.

Metro JTM45/100 head - $3500
4x12 with G12h speakers - at least $500
TS808 Reissue - $180
Gibson les paul standard $2000
Ho/Ultimate Attenuator - $500

Boy would I love to have that setup.
A decent classic rock rig without breaking the bank is both the Traynor (if you're in the US) or a Laney VC30+ Celestion G12H30 (if you're in UK or Europe).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
id suggest a peavy classic 50 it gets a really nice ac/dc tone and it can get oritty damn heavy depending on the tubes you use... it has alot of versitility and you can fing a used one for cheap or a new one for around like 800 but eather way tell him to check those out
Quote by Gabel
A decent classic rock rig without breaking the bank is both the Traynor (if you're in the US) or a Laney VC30+ Celestion G12H30 (if you're in UK or Europe).

+1
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
As you've seen in this thread, it really does come down to how much he's willing to spend.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Oh I forgot to add the Peavey Classic 30 with a new speaker. G12H30 springs to mind. Heck it's my new favourite speaker! Best classic rock speaker I've heard really!

Also if you don't need too much wattage for a decent price, check out Matamp. I will hopefully be getting myself a First Lady in the near future! There's a wait, but great amps, all handwired and everything.

Last, but not least, don't forget the budget ones. The Blackheart Little Giant is a very good classic rock amp. Add an attenuator and it's perfect!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009