Hey guys, i own a pod xt and I was wondering which audio interface would be best to record guitar tracks. Someone said that he owned an XT and got a toneport UX2 and connected both of them. He then set the UX2 to use some preamps on low settings to give a good recording tone. I was wondering whether this is the best way to go? or is there any other usb interface that has a better recording quality? Thanks.

PS: are usb interfaces the best, or firewire, pci? etc?
Doesn't the Pod XT have its own USB out?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i'm pretty sure the XT is an audio interface already.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i'm pretty sure the XT is an audio interface already.

Yeah it is. He needs to read the manual. That's what they are there for.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The USB connectivity is great as long as you're on a PC. On a mac it's not so good (due to a really annoying limitation of CoreAudio which won't let you select different I/O devices).

The XT doesn't have an XLR input (or any preamps) for mics though for which you will need a separate interface. PCI is the fastest, then FireWire, then USB 2.0. All can achieve great results.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by pEdAl2
The USB connectivity is great as long as you're on a PC. On a mac it's not so good (due to a really annoying limitation of CoreAudio which won't let you select different I/O devices).

The XT doesn't have an XLR input (or any preamps) for mics though for which you will need a separate interface. PCI is the fastest, then FireWire, then USB 2.0. All can achieve great results.

I'm sure theres an audio setup utility that allows you to change this - i've used an XT with a mac G5 at college and it was easy to get the I/Os set up correctly. Unfortunately... i can't remember how...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Hmm after a little playing around I can get it to work in GarageBand - it lets you pick different IO devices. Must be a limitation of Logic Express then - which ignores the system settings and only seems to let you pick one overall audio device. Does seem odd that Apple's freebie consumer program does something the lite pro edition won't.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Last edited by pEdAl2 at Aug 6, 2008,
I just run my signal

Guitar ---> PODXT Input ---> PODXT Output ---> Presonus Blue Tube ---> Digidesign MBox 2
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.