Page 1 of 4
Alright so my last two builds weren't up to my standards and I just wasn't happy with them, so I started all over from scratch, with new tools, more templates and best challenge I could throw at myself to test my building skills, and make sweet a** guitars! =]

Neck pieces arrived, one 3/4/20" Mahogany blank and flamed maple center laminate. Cut/planed/glued

The blank is big enough for two necks but I need more length for a deep set neck

Scarf

Ears
Nice, did you just bin the others?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Routing shape and headstock with template

Body blank planed, cut, chambers routed

Asymmetrical neck contour routed and rough shaped

Deep neck pocket routed, for aesthetic and comfort reasons I decided on a recessed tom instead of neck angle.

Typical neck pocket test
Naw I have scraps around of the other builds. I'm reusing alot of the hardware for this build though
I'm hoping for more pics soon :P
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Binding routes started

Headstock overlay

first binding channel routed

purfling/pearl channel routed

White binding glued

First b/w/b purf glued

Second

Better shot of the asymmetrical neck, can't really tell too well but the effect is subtle in sight!
That's freakin' sweet. 'nuff said
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
Might be doing it with this sample, haven't decided yet contrary to the thread subject =]

*This is day three at this point*

Truss glued/Finger board radiused and reslotted/Channels routed

Starting to apply binding

I think I'm just gonna clear coat it like this XD

Hand cutting inside b/w/b purf

Some more shots, this is as far as I am right now, at day 4

I'm waiting on the pearl until I can do anymore

Happy Building! - Josh

PS: Top and neck aren't glued yet just dry assemble
Looks awesome!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Wow, really like the look of that binding on the neck. I didn't know it was done like that, and it looks so simple...
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
woah!
that is amazing!
love the headstock
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
ahhhh...the Ormsby Neck Joint Test (TM)....never fails....

and avia, where are you at the jersey shore? i just got back from two weeks in LBI..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Thanks guys

azz, i was thinking maybe this, or something close to this. It's extreme contrast

AngusJimi, I'm in Jersey Shore, it's actually a town in the center of PA no where close to water ha..
check out the post I made a couple hours ago, I'm thinking that color or a high contrast blue
Your build makes me feel bad about mine

I wish I had my neck carved out already D:
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
naw dont feel bad =] theres so many awesome builds on here its easy to feel like that. I looked for your post but I couldn't find it?
I'm so friggin jealous man. Building guitars is my DREAM and there's just no way for me to even get started

And on another note this looks absolutely beautiful, I love the neck!
Wow, that's such nice quilted maple.. *drools*
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

My favorite thing is the headstock shape. I really like your design and haven't seen anything similar that I can recall. I love it. The body shape is very pleasing as well. The neck binding looks very sharp too.
Man, teach me.

You're doing an amazing job. What kind of space do you have to build things like this? You must have some serious tools.
your skilled, ive said this before, but for the love of god finish this one haha what happened to the 14 string ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I also vote for the high-contrast yellow. And use part of that sample piece you tested it on as a Truss-rod cover.

Très sexy.
Patient, my so called "shop" is only a small basement room maybe 10X12 or so. And I just have the main tools bandsaw/planer/belt sander/drill press/routers. I still need a jointer and a better bandsaw the one I have is so ****ty it makes me mad every time I have to use it.

Admbwr, I plan on finishing this one for real! =] haha... The 14 String should be coming after this one I have to make another neck for it plus decide on the woods! I can't wait though it should be so cool to one, have a 14 string! plus the contours on the back and front.

I have to do a little more research on bracing and the tone impacts of different methods and designs before I'll feel confident building one. Essentially I'd like to have this model, a 14 string, and a hollowbody type model as my main guitars I build, something for everyone...

.. besides bass players XD I hate basses I dont know why. They're like your dumb oafy uncle that you dont like talking to buts always around at family reunions.
that my friend is very nice. nice. nice. nice. i can't say enough of it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Nice build!

This should turn out really well.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Your bansaw looks like a giant golf club.

I really like that sample color
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Pearl came today! and is installed on the neck next is fretting, I'll post pics tomorrow

pearl has strong green accents so I dont think i'll be using the yellow other suggestions are welcome! - Josh
This is BEFORE any sanding flush so it looks a little rough buti ran out of time

Take Care
Page 1 of 4