Hey Guys, Please don't rip on me for my first post.
I've come looking for your help!

Im looking to buy a Brand New PRS. Ive managed to wittle it down to these two guitars.
Either a Custom 24, or a SingleCut 250.
My Budget, Well, I've just started working before I start college, just sold my Xbox too =/, but when i come to buying the Guitar in about a month, Ill have about £2500.

I'm 16, I Own a two guitars, American Standard Start and Tele. I like playing lead, in Rock, Indie and metal genres. I was lookign for a more rockier guitar. Ive been playing for eight months or so.

All I needed to know from you guys was,
Your thoughts on these two guitars,
and ultimately which one should I buy?!

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by DanielUK at Aug 5, 2008,
Can we just know your current gear? The Custom 24 is a beauty, but at 16 you might not want to drop £2500 and save some for college....
My Gear
American Standard Strat and Tele
Orange Tiny Terror
1x12 cab
Boss dd-7
Boss Metal zone
Boss tu-2
Guitars
-------------
Fender American Standard Stratocaster & Telecaster

Amp
-------------
Orange Tiny Terror
1x12 Cab

Pedals
-------------
BOSS Metal Zone
TU-2
Delay
^ college isn't really a problem in the UK, you don't have to pay till after you graduate. of course, if he still wants to save, fair enough.

PRS are nice guitars, but they're very expensive in the UK. I'd be trying out vigier, huber, suhr, tyler, patrick eggle (the older 90s ones), tom anderson, etc. etc, maybe even a custom-built guitar by a luthier. If after all that, you still prefer the PRS, by all means go for it. Just it'd be a shame to get the PRS and not try all those other kickass brands (which, considering your budget, you have the perfect excuse to try!).

regarding those two specific models, you'd really need to try them, they'll feel and sound a bit different. it'll be personal preference as to which you prefer.

on a side note, what's your amp? EDIT: ok, orange tiny terror. Are you only playing at home, or will you be playing gigs?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks For the fast replys!
Tiny Terror
1x12 cab
Guitars
-------------
Fender American Standard Stratocaster & Telecaster

Amp
-------------
Orange Tiny Terror
1x12 Cab

Pedals
-------------
BOSS Metal Zone
TU-2
Delay
Hold up. You've been playing for only 8 months, and you have an American Strat and Tele, and you need another guitar, let alone a PRS Custom?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

he didnt say anything about need

if youve got the money and want one bash on

id get the sc myself for a heavier sound
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Quote by cloudjessie42
Hold up. You've been playing for only 8 months, and you have an American Strat and Tele, and you need another guitar, let alone a PRS Custom?

thats what i was thinking lol. 8 months of playing and buying a £2500 guitar is a bit silly, most pro guitarists dont spend that much on a guitar. I suggest you use the money to buy loads of lessons (i think it would work out as about 125 hours of lessons lol) and if you really need a new guitar buy a cheaper one. I mean i dont know about you but i would prefer to be an amazing guitarist and have okay gear than an average guitarist with amazing gear.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Dam dude you should really rethink what you are doing, PRS are amazing but are really steep for the price, there are a lot of great alternatives for less. Have you even test them out yet?