Im thinking of getting one from either Gibson or Ibanez, so my question(s) to is which ones better and youre prediction on how much it would be...
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Quote by Pibbz
Im thinking of getting one from either Gibson or Ibanez, so my question(s) to is which ones better and youre prediction on how much it would be...

You mean made custom for you? Or just a custom shop?

If you want one made for you, then you will most likely pay upwards of $10,000.
Not to mention it's hard to get through to either company to do that.
Quote by Pibbz

I doubt they'd do you one - big companies like that don't normally take custom orders from the general public...not to mention they'd be extortionate. If you want a custom guitar go to a small custom shop, expect to pay at least $1500 for a basic guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I doubt they'd do you one - big companies like that don't normall ytake custom orders from the general public...not to mention they'd be extortionate. If you want a custom guitar go to a small custom shop, expect to pay at least $1500 for a basic guitar.

i think you missed a zero, or two
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd

Not really, you can get a guitar custom made for less than the cost of a mass-produced Gibson.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
o, alrit then didnknow itll be that much, but fanx n e way guys....
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
He's probably thinking of a custom shop model. It really ranges on what you'd want, but last time I was checking ESP Custom Shop, the guitar customizations I wanted added up to around $4950.00 for the whole guitar. Big bucks are followed by customizations, I feel as if you should only be jamming customs if you deserve them, but for all I know, you might deserve one. I wouldn't just yet because I've only been playing a tad over a year. I mean I'm pretty damn satisfied with how I came along since then, but damn I'd have to be better than good enough to showoff to desire the price of a custom. $2000 is my limit, and that's a rare occasion type of thing. =S. By all means, if you shred like a saw and get paid like a Pimp, go for it!
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
He's probably thinking of a custom shop model. It really ranges on what you'd want, but last time I was checking ESP Custom Shop, the guitar customizations I wanted added up to around $4950.00 for the whole guitar. Big bucks are followed by customizations, I feel as if you should only be jamming customs if you deserve them, but for all I know, you might deserve one. I wouldn't just yet because I've only been playing a tad over a year. I mean I'm pretty damn satisfied with how I came along since then, but damn I'd have to be better than good enough to showoff to desire the price of a custom. $2000 is my limit, and that's a rare occasion type of thing. =S. By all means, if you shred like a saw and get paid like a Pimp, go for it!

I Lol'd.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by bloodycomfort

i think ull find i dont lol check my youtube channel in my sig, thats my ****ty guitar, its a Stagg and u can see my tiny little amp on my desk, and im not much off a player either but i keep practisin......
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by l3p4rd

Not at all; if you find a decent local luthier they'll do exactly what you want for a much more reasonable price than any company ever will.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Jackson customs are like 2k i think. They take around 8-12 months to receive though.
Quote by sxymnky777
Jackson customs are like 2k i think. They take around 8-12 months to receive though.

Nah, more around 3-4K, unless its a custom shop color which then its just a regular USA guitar just painted in a "Custom Shop" color...like that Acapulco Gold Jackson soloist I saw once, they take sooooooo long to get it to you its crazy.
carvin do some awesome option guitars for about $2k (one I priced up was), and thats from a huge list of options.

Totally scratch built though, it can be silly money.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Quote by TheShred201
In general, major guitar companies custom shops are more expensive than small luthiers. Also, Ibanez doesn't make custom guitars unless you are endorsed by them. If you would like, I could make you a list of several reputable european luthiers.

How much more affordable are these places? I'm interested.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
It depends what you want. I'm currently more interested in 8 string guitars and the like, which increases price a little, but there are still companies who's prices for such are very good. I think that I could probably get effectively the 8 string guitar of my dreams from some of the luthiers I know of for the mid $3000s. However, if I felt like getting a custom 6 string Dean, it would probably cost me over 4 thousand, possibly into the 5s.

However, some there are some small companies who are VERY expensive but also produce exceptional instruments (example: conklin)
http://ranguitars.com/

Put the specs in, they can make you anything you want. Gibson LP shapes, Ibanez shapes, everything. Expect about $4,000 for something simple, $5,000 for something with a lot of gadgets, and if you want more expect to pay $6,000+. There is usually a 9-12 month wait.

BTW, you won't get an Ibby custom. They have a custom shop restricted to their artists, no one else. Gibson... Well I wouldn't even try, you'll pay as much as you would a nice new car, IF you could get them to do it for you, and you probably can't.
Quote by TheShred201
From what I know, Ran is not priced nearly that high. If I remember correctly, they are one of the more...affordable custom companies. I could be confused though. I get a little mixed up with my custom shops every now and then.

Well, it really depends on the value of the american dollar when you buy it. But they can get expensive, I'm sure if you did something pretty simple then it would come out MUCH cheaper. I just know usually the guitars I run through are about 4k, but those are usually neck-thru, clear satin neck, OFR, EMGs, full body binding, all the more expensive, higher quality stuff.
Quote by steven seagull
Not really, you can get a guitar custom made for less than the cost of a mass-produced Gibson.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez? You wont get a custom guitar from them.

Gibson? Not sure, but I'm not big on Gibsons either way.

I have had pretty in depth chats online with a Bernie Rico Jr. distributor. They make great custom guitars. I wanted an RGA style body with a quilted maple top and natural binding, with an OFR and Bareknuckle Pickups and it was around 3.5k. Hes the fastest builder so far, it takes about 3-4 months to get them.

Check out Michael Sherman guitars, also the before mentioned Ran guitars. I've heard good things from Illustrated Luthier as well.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
Quote by Pibbz

Come again?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by IWank7Sevens
Ibanez? You wont get a custom guitar from them.

Gibson? Not sure, but I'm not big on Gibsons either way.

I have had pretty in depth chats online with a Bernie Rico Jr. distributor. They make great custom guitars. I wanted an RGA style body with a quilted maple top and natural binding, with an OFR and Bareknuckle Pickups and it was around 3.5k. Hes the fastest builder so far, it takes about 3-4 months to get them.

Check out Michael Sherman guitars, also the before mentioned Ran guitars. I've heard good things from Illustrated Luthier as well.

That's not a bad price for a custom actually...

I'd rather wait for Ibanez to make a production RGA with an Edge (Pro) 7 and install the BKPs myself though .
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
That's not a bad price for a custom actually...

I'd rather wait for Ibanez to make a production RGA with an Edge (Pro) 7 and install the BKPs myself though .

Haha, if that happens.

I want an identical copy of Brodericks RGA7. Lmao.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
You can always just get the guitar you want an customize it yourself...
wait wait wait, how long have you been playing?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
wait wait wait, how long have you been playing?

His youtube channel says 4/5 months, with the main video being a cover of Smells like Teen spirit... Hey, we can all dream. TC, wait a few years before you get a custom guitar, you really don't know what you want from a guitar right now.
Quote by edusty2010
His youtube channel says 4/5 months, with the main video being a cover of Smells like Teen spirit... Hey, we can all dream. TC, wait a few years before you get a custom guitar, you really don't know what you want from a guitar right now.

I totally agree, I've been playing nearly two years and I have a $400 dollar Epi. Admittedly, it's pretty nice (save for the tuners/ pickups/nut, but that can be fixed quite easily).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by edusty2010

True.........im just so psyched that im playing guitar that all i do is think of what guitar i want next, what amp i wanna get, what am i gonna learn next....etc...... i just cant help it lol, but youre rit i should play for more years, and get more experience....
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by dcdossett65
Come again?

TRANSLATION : Oh, Alright then, I didn't know it would be that much, but thank you anyway guys....
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
go local and find a local custom shop they have to make quality **** cause they need to stay in business
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
lol, here in rugby they SHOULD be out of business..............................just kidding, i dont think that they would build me one cuz the only shop is like propa small
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by edusty2010
http://ranguitars.com/

Put the specs in, they can make you anything you want. Gibson LP shapes, Ibanez shapes, everything. Expect about $4,000 for something simple, $5,000 for something with a lot of gadgets, and if you want more expect to pay $6,000+. There is usually a 9-12 month wait.

BTW, you won't get an Ibby custom. They have a custom shop restricted to their artists, no one else. Gibson... Well I wouldn't even try, you'll pay as much as you would a nice new car, IF you could get them to do it for you, and you probably can't.

What? There's a guy in another forum who says he's got his ran for about 1500 euros (roughly $1855).

Looks great: http://forum.somxl.com/index.php?showtopic=42748&st=0&p=657582&#entry657582

If the TS would still be interested, there's also http://www.mayones.com/