Page 1 of 2
Ummm...

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
haha!
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
I'm just sayin' that if you listen to today's "rock" music, you can't always tell who it is because nobody has they're own unique sound anymore. If you hear a GN'R song, you know it's GN'R, if you hear a Motley Crue song, you know it's Motley Crue

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
Quote by GooGooFluffers
I'm just sayin' that if you listen to today's "rock" music, you can't always tell who it is because nobody has they're own unique sound anymore. If you hear a GN'R song, you know it's GN'R, if you hear a Motley Crue song, you know it's Motley Crue

I have a hell of a lot more trouble telling the difference between most 80s guitar sounds than I do modern music to be honest; I can recognise most modern bands by their sound but 80s bands just blend together in my ears.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Eh I don't know most of the 80's singers have their own distinct voice, today they almost sound like one person is singing for everyone.At least that's how it sounds for me.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Quote by GooGooFluffers

Uhh...by the mid 80's every other hair band sounded like the Crue, either with deeper vocals or heavier guitar, or whatever.

So many 80's bands were "THE REAL DEAL" for ten minutes, then their singles fell off the charts and no one cared, because ever since the 80's the album has gone down in people's eyes.

It's all about the singles
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by GooGooFluffers

No offense, but that's absolute bullcrap. There are bands around today who have their own original sound, and there will always be bands with their own original sound.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Uhh...by the mid 80's every other hair band sounded like the Crue, either with deeper vocals or heavier guitar, or whatever.

+12345678654323456

Proportionally, there were probably about the same number of copycat bands (if not more) in the 80's as there are today.

Although douchebags who try to sound EXACTLY like Eddie Vedder make me want to kill myself. And there are a lot of them.

Quote by Drmmrboi180
Eh I don't know most of the 80's singers have their own distinct voice, today they almost sound like one person is singing for everyone.At least that's how it sounds for me.

See above response.

This is probably because you weren't around to listen to the many billions of bands copying Poison or Motley Crue or whatever shit band this forum listens to. (shame they had to group prog rock in here). After the 80's ended and people realized that guys running around in spandex and makeup wasn't really that cool the floods of copycat bands fell into extreme obscurity.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
This is probably because you weren't around to listen to the many billions of bands copying Poison or Motley Crue or whatever shit band this forum listens to. (shame they had to group prog rock in here). After the 80's ended and people realized that guys running around in spandex and makeup wasn't really that cool the floods of copycat bands fell into extreme obscurity.

Well aren't you cool.
You obviously have never listened to Muse, or Coheed and Cambria, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, and the list goes on.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
this is the 80's rock music board isn't it????
you all seem to be dissing 80's music, so why are you even here?

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers
this is the 80's rock music board isn't it????
you all seem to be dissing 80's music, so why are you even here?

No, this is the 80s Rock, Shred and Progressive forum, I'm only here for the latter 2, I couldn't care less about 99.9% of 80s rock.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, this is the 80s Rock, Shred and Progressive forum, I'm only here for the latter 2, I couldn't care less about 99.9% of 80s rock.

+1
Lost interest.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

yeah, and 80's rock comes first in the name, so obviously it's more important

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Retro Rocker
Well aren't you cool.

I was going to defend myself by saying that I'm a shred fan but then I realized that I shouldn't have to apologize to anyone who likes Poison.

DON'T NEED NOTHIN'

BUT A GOOD TIME

HOW CAN I RESIST?

LOLOLOLOLOL.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by GooGooFluffers

: opinion fail:

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
I was going to defend myself by saying that I'm a shred fan but then I realized that I shouldn't have to apologize to anyone who likes Poison.

DON'T NEED NOTHIN'

BUT A GOOD TIME

HOW CAN I RESIST?

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Of course, "Shred > Tits" and a Vai avatar is a clear indication that I listen to nothing but Poison.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
: opinion fail:

just 'cause I can't make a good argument doesn't mean you can make fun of me

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers

No.

It isn't.

80's rock contributed nothing but drugs and sex. Well, hair rock/metal.

^ Yes. On the internet, if you post something stupid, you're going to get made fun of.

So, in other words you make me:

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by GooGooFluffers
just 'cause I can't make a good argument doesn't mean you can make fun of me

...yeah, it totally does. I'd do the exact same if you were standing right here in front of me so why should the internet be any different?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
today's rock evolved from 80's rock, except that it evolved in a horrible way

fine, you can make fun of me, I really don't care

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Progressive, 80s Rock and Shred
Progressive, Shred and 80s Rock
Shred, Progressive and 80s Rock
Shred, 80s Rock and Progressive
80s Rock, Shred and Progressive
80s Rock, Progressive and Shred

which one sounds better? the others don't really roll off the tongue as well as the one we have.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by GooGooFluffers

It got good?

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
It got good?

look, everyone has they're own opinion -- yours is just the wrong one

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers

fine, you can make fun of me, I really don't care

Well it's nice to have your permission at least

Seriously; very little of the music that I listen to evolved directly from 80s rock, most of it evolved from older blues-based rock (Led Zeppelin etc), jazz or just flat out metal. Very little is left of 80s rock in todays music apart from the acts that are still going.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well it's nice to have your permission at least

Seriously; very little of the music that I listen to evolved directly from 80s rock, most of it evolved from older blues-based rock (Led Zeppelin etc), jazz or just flat out metal. Very little is left of 80s rock in todays music apart from the acts that are still going.

i know, i just kinda jokin' around about the evolving thing, 'cause 80's rock died out in the 90's and only influenced me and a few other people

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers

you weren't alive in the 80s. so you couldn't have possibly heard all of the crap that will definitely have come out in that time.

People have this rose tinted view of the past saying stuff like 'the 60s/70s/80s was the best decade for music just look at the bands to come out of that decade.' but they don't take into account the crap bands that also came out of that decade. the only difference between now and then is that it's easier to distribute music so more people are aware of the crap stuff. but that doesn't mean the 'crap stuff' didn't exist in those decades.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i know, i just kinda jokin' around about the evolving thing, 'cause 80's rock died out in the 90's and only influenced me and a few other people

I love the typical 80's glam/hair metal sound. Great lyrics, great riffs, excellent solos. Plus they were all sexy.
Luckily for me I like pretty much every other kind of music too, I just happen to like the 'feel-good' factor of 80's music more.
Quote by GooGooFluffers

Dear lord you're stupid.

Quote by eggsandham2
When you go around calling someone's opinion wrong, yes, you are.

When you grow up and realise we all like different music, you will have some meandering intelligence and decency.

Quote by eggsandham2
i realize that we all like our own music, I just don't understand how anyone can like some sorts of music, like anything they show on MTV anymore, I can't stand that stuff, its horrible!

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers
i realize that we all like our own music, I just don't understand how anyone can like some sorts of music, like anything they show on MTV anymore, I can't stand that stuff, its horrible!

so you're comparing the 80s good stuff to todays bad stuff?

that's fair.

Quote by element4433
Quote by GooGooFluffers

That's an opinion.

We all have them. You probably hate the stuff I like, so deal with it.

See how easy that is? Deal with it.

Quote by eggsandham2
Page 1 of 2