My friend has a low end Ibanez, I'm not sure which one but I know it's RG1**. Anyway, it has a bridge and neck humbucker, a single coil right in the middle and a tremolo that goes out of tune real fast. It cost him $249 and that's about all I know. He wants to add in better pickups so my question is if it would be money well spent to replace the bridge and neck pickups with EMG pickups? Either 81 or 85, suggestions for that would also be appreciated. He plays mostly metal and hard rock.
The amp is much more important than the guitar in this instance; what amp is your friend playing through?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Hell no, get a better guitar. Its a waste of cash to shove EMG's in a guitar that low budget. Look at some higher prized ibanez guitars id say look around the 600$+ range before throwing pickups in a guitar.

EDIT: yea i forgot about the amp thing too lol. Id say upgrade to low cost tube and a decent pedal before buying a new guitar.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Hell no, get a better guitar. Its a waste of cash to shove EMG's in a guitar that low budget. Look at some higher prized ibanez guitars id say look around the 600$+ range before throwing pickups in a guitar.

+9000
Quote by ESP_Shreder
+9000

Nice Gee-tar you got there in your sig, i was lookin at getting an EC-1000 but it didnt have a tremelo. Im goin for a randall rg50 tc currently but after that im getting an Ibanez S470DXQM.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.