My friend's new stepdad is pretty good at guitar. All her other friends think he's amazing. I think I'm better though...I just don't know any songs that impress people like mad and I want to prove that I'm better than him. I'm good enough to play lots of intermediate songs, and I could probably practice and learn an intermediate/advanced one. What songs should I learn?
acoustic or electric? i know plenty of impressive electric songs that i've played on an acoustic that sounded like crap, and vice versa.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
I want to learn an electric one. The guy likes to impress them by playing a loud, commonly known song (like Iron Man. They love that one) and I want to play one that's better than that.
Iron Man to show off? Thats one of the easiet black sabboth/ozzy songs. Play Bark at the Moon or Mr Crowley or crazy train. Any of those songs makes iron man solo sound like a slow blues song. But you have to nail them clean like you own it or you wont impress anyone.
Do Back in Black (by AC/DC in case you don't know). If they like Iron Man, they'll flip for that.
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
play songs of guitar hero, because chances are those are the only songs they'll really recognize that are decent, and some of those songs are a little tougher to play than ironman in real life.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Red Hot Chili Peppers songs are good, like Tell Me Baby, Dani California, By The Way, Cant Stop... pretty much any well known RHCP song...
Yeah the beginning of thunderstruck will totally impress if you don't pick the notes and it's pretty easy too.
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Hows' about:

Voodoo Child slight return. That song's f*cking insane! ANy Hendrix song could do, Or the best

ANY Led Zeppelin, preferably Stairway To Heaven. If you can play Voodooo Child, he'll hide. That song's an amazing one.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
The last riff of the "blackened" solo (by metallica) with the constant hammer-ons and pull-offs will impress damn near anyone.
Damn if you wanna impress, go for something that will also make you better as a player, if you can do easy songs like iron man or most well known sabbath songs then theres no point in them, aim higher to better yourself. Try for some good old fasion Grand Funk Railroad!!!!
depending on audience - i impressed a room full of people with johnny cash's hurt which is easy.

radioheads fade out is quite god, finger picking patterns make it look insane, but its easy once you stop having to think about it (both of these are really easy compared to some of these suggestions though)