some will say schedule, others will say just enjoy playing it and let yourself develop the skill naturally. I learnt everything by just playing for the fun of it really. it depends on how you learn new things, which varys from person to person.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
PLaying scales with a metronome, play a lot, play as accurate as you can with the scale and get faster and faster.
just fooking play as often as you can. Start with scales and chords.

Enjoy it, have fun and do NOT give up, it will come.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
I improved ALOT by instead of trying to play something that sounds good, just have fun and play the more you do that,the better it will sound over time.
Budget for new equipment:34 $
Total cost:1000

Devoted follower of Zeppelinism
Quote by Muscle_Guitar
What's the best way to practice guitar and get better? Schedule? Just having fun?

I've found that if you try to have someone set down a schedule, learn scales, chords, theory.. while fundamentally sound, it takes the excitement out of learning the guitar.

I would concentrate on learning to play you like. Any song that piques your interest at all, go online, find the tab and learn how to play it - front to back. That way, you'll naturally improve by playing songs you enjoy. Once you get to the point where you feel like you're stuck in a rut, then you can start looking at theory.

Don't bog yourself down in the little details - just have fun and you'll get better.
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby