Ok Im going back to Ukraine to visit family blah blah blah, staying there for three whole weeks. As far as I know, no guitar. I don't want to take my good or bad guitar with me, I know they'll break somehow on the plane(even in the overhead).

Here's the bad part: I play like **** even when i don't practice for ONE DAY! Now three weeks is going to make me start from scratch again, any suggestions on what I could do? Oh and stuff over there is more expensive even if the dollar is like 5 hrivna.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
buy the travel guitar
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Quote by Epiphany521
hehe now i have an advantage over you...

lol

just buy a really cheap beginner guitar there. or you can mail one of your guitars there
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
hey that shred neck thing looks great! I could really use a thing like that, cheers captainoid
I'll bet when you get back you'll be raring to go, chomping at the bit, you'll have missed it. And you know what, I'l bet after 2 days you'll be just as sharp as before, if not sharper.

Don't fret about it, jezz it's only 3 weeks.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Get a back pack guitar, or make one out of elastics, toilet paper rolls and a tissue box. You know you made this craft at daycare when you were a kid, everyone did.
Dude, I'm from Ukraine! What city are you from? I'm from Kharkiv, but I've lived in California for over 8 years now so I am a US citizen.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Take the neck off of your beater guitar (guessing it's a bolt-on) and put the whole thing in your backpack. Now it's the carry-on. Bring a pack of strings too.
Quote by KolosoK
Dude, I'm from Ukraine! What city are you from? I'm from Kharkiv, but I've lived in California for over 8 years now so I am a US citizen.

Cherkasy, and I became a citizen the 15th of July I think. Also I got here 9/7/2001... Yeah.

Quote by JD Red LP
Take the neck off of your beater guitar (guessing it's a bolt-on) and put the whole thing in your backpack. Now it's the carry-on. Bring a pack of strings too.

Thats actually a decent idea!
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Just listen to lots of music while your there and when you get back youll have a gasm to play guitar.
rl]
I went on vacation and never touched a guitar for like a week, and I got alot faster, and better at all my scales.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Get one of those guitars thats just a neck, I saw one at a shop the other day, if you don't then you'll be ****ed cuz you'll lose your calluses, and your wrist will be slow as **** when you come back.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

For the past 9 days I have been in South Dakota. I found someone who had a guitar and rarely played it. (a Martin DX-1). While I am more of an electric player I found my finger strength was greatly improved because of having to play a harder instrument. Also, if you can't find a guitar find another string instrument that you strum (Mandolin, uke etc.) These things will help you when you come back to your guitar.
if you take off your beater guitar's neck, it'll warp..
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
You can buy a guitar in Ukraine and take it back the day before you leave. That's what I would do.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
I wouldn't worry about it. Send some time with family and friends and enjoy your trip.
Quote by Tommy Walker
There are guitars in Ukraine.

In Soviet Ukraine, guitar plays you.

The neck on your beater should survive a day or two while it's off... it won't be off for 3 months. I'd go with that play, TS.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
just bring your guitar... get a hardcase for it and i think it will be fine. hell, even in just a gig bag it will be fine imo.
why not take a powerball or a gripmaster to help keep your finger strength up?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Why not use this opportunity to take a break?Use this time to learn theory.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by smb
You'll survive.