Hello there. I'm thinking of buying a new bass to replace my epiphone thunderbird. >.>

-ahem- Yes, so, I've been looking at fenders on ebay and I've seen the Fender Jaguar and the Jazz 24, I like them both. I've played the jaguar for a while in a shop, and while it seemed nice, but it didn't blow me away. My budget is about £300-£400 and I play a lot of different styles of music so I am looking for versatility. I'm still torn on what to get. I've also considered an aerodyne jazz. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
The Jazz. Great basses.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i have the squier version of the 5 string deluxe jazz and even that's pretty good, rekon i'll get the fender version either as my next 4/5 string whichever i next feel the need for
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Thank you for the replies. Does anybody have any specific pros and cons to the basses in comparison with each other?
well the jazz looks nicer if that helps you, also if you're buying from ebay make sure you do your homework and get serial numbers etc from the seller before buying
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
Thank you for the replies. Does anybody have any specific pros and cons to the basses in comparison with each other?

jazz has moar frets and better looks and instead of the wheel control it has knobs (knobs are easier because theres three places to switch stuff on the jag and only one place to switch stuff if you get the 24)
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Don't Jags have a shorter neck?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Expect a colossal postage cost if it's coming from america.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by slaptasticdave
Don't Jags have a shorter neck?
No, the Jags have a standard 34 inch neck. You're probably thinking of the Mustang.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by ScottB.
Expect a colossal postage cost if it's coming from america.

Its still cheaper than buying it new from the UK.

Thanks for the replies people. I think I'll go for the jazz, after the torrent of comments in its favour.
Okay, so the dealer apparently orders the bass from the fender warehouse after the buyer pays. I sent this question:
"Hello. If I were to buy, say, the tobacco burst version of this bass, what would the serial number be? Could you tell me now so I can check it out before ordering?"
and got this reply:
"
I have no idea what the serial number would be I would order this item from Fender it is in stock so the wait time is minimal, but I would not know the serial number until it came into our warehouse.
Thank You,
Matt Dixon
Playground Music Center"

What do you guys think of this? I know I should get a serial number to check the authenticity, and I don't want to buy something that could be fake. Does it seem legitimate? Any advice on what to do? Thanks.

PS: If this isn't allowed then I'll gladly edit this post into my last one.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
Okay, so the dealer apparently orders the bass from the fender warehouse after the buyer pays. I sent this question:
"Hello. If I were to buy, say, the tobacco burst version of this bass, what would the serial number be? Could you tell me now so I can check it out before ordering?"
and got this reply:
"
I have no idea what the serial number would be I would order this item from Fender it is in stock so the wait time is minimal, but I would not know the serial number until it came into our warehouse.
Thank You,
Matt Dixon
Playground Music Center"

What do you guys think of this? I know I should get a serial number to check the authenticity, and I don't want to buy something that could be fake. Does it seem legitimate? Any advice on what to do? Thanks.

PS: If this isn't allowed then I'll gladly edit this post into my last one.

I thought Fender had a thing about people shipping Jags (comercially) overseas?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
you could check with fender if he's on their dealers list but i don't know how forthcoming they will be with that kind of information
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by ScottB.
I thought Fender had a thing about people shipping Jags (comercially) overseas?

I'm getting the Jazz 24.

EDIT: Thanks a lot dan0. I checked the dealers list here and they're listed. This would make them reliable, yes?
Last edited by Mr_Jubby_Jubs at Aug 6, 2008,
Definitely get the jazz. I love these jazz' with the tops and no pickguards.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
jazz 24. the neck on jags feels like glue.

they sound legit, if a little lazy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom