Hi ,

I'm planning to get a new electric, something to play metal on. Right now I
only have the stupid fender squier copy that I got when I started learning a year ago and a Pevey Valveking 112, I use a Zoom 606 multi-effect along with it .

I am looking for something with a Floyd Rose double locking system on it as I love doing a lot of crazy whammy bar stuff, and with humbuckers.

Any suggestions ?, anything except the Ibanez S series, I cant stand its thin shape...
sorry dude , I'm willing to spend upto 700 £ cuz I will be using whatever I get
for a long time from now ....so ...
you just play metal?
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
If youre beginner a floyd rose might be bad for you if you want to play song in different tunings, with a floyd rose, tuning a guitar takes a bit longer and if a string breaks its alot harder to replace.

But jackson, schecter, esp and ltd should have something that you'd like
I say an Ibanez RG1570.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 5, 2008,
well ibanez is very very popular and they have a thin neck, thats probably something youll like, the pickups are usually pretty good.
shecter's have somewhat chunky necks and good pickups.
jacksons have great small necks but all the jackson's ive played have a crappy neck pickup but there are some that have good pickups.
LTD's and ESP's are great guitar all around, they have some "different" looking shaped guitars and some ibanez and strat looking guitars.
Quote by oneblackened
I say an Ibanez RG1570.

i agree, or if you aren't willing to swap the pickups, an rg25xx.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok i have the same problem see... i am pretty good i play alot of metal core like august burns red, bullet for my valentine and killswitch. and what not. i was looking at the jackson DKMG. it has the neck i like and the pups are amazing (81 and 85). but i want a floyd rose that wont go out of tune, its the onley thing thats stopping me from buying it, i was wondering if their floyds are any good and will have goooooood tuning sability.

if you know anyone who would know this information ask them and let me know. if you have a first hand account that would be even better!!
thanks
Quote by lespaul323920
oh sorry forgot... i would not mind going for a schecter, but will not go for an ibanez.

make your own thread please.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
a good guitar won't magicly make you good but if you are have your mind set on getting a guitar and that won't change then i suggest a jackson dinky dkmg. i have one and they would be perfect for you. they are around 500-750 ish.
gibson explorer outfitted with an EMG 81 in the neck and an 85 in the bridge. definition of metal
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I would highly reccomend the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. you can get it with FR and the Active EMG 81-85 set Coil-tapped
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals