BC Rich Warlock NJ Neck Thru Series
Peavey 5150 head and cab
Boss GT-8
Line 6 PODxt
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Jazz III picks (black)
Arte Sania acoustic
I would try to avoid it if I were you but if it's not adding any extra tension to your playing and isn't restricting your movement then you can do that, yes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Hm, I sort of used to do that as well, but with my ring finger. I honestly didn't think I was pressing hard enough to make a difference, but then I tried lifting it off and I couldn't play nearly as well. I'd say it's most likely creating an unnecessary pivot point that you'd be better off without in the end. Try playing without holding onto it.
I actually did the same thing for a while and I found it much more comfortable than playing with a "floating" hand with no anchor. I tried switching a couple months ago to a anchorless style, and though I can't say it has helped a HUGE amount, it has helped enough for me to find it worthwhile. If you're willing, I would try to switch so you don't become dependent on having to have your pinky gripping the high E string.
GMO INC.
Quote by The.new.guy
Ok, I think I'll listen to Freepower....

Generally a good idea

...at least when it comes to guitar. I dunno how well we can trust his normal everyday thought-processing though
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Aug 6, 2008,