Hey Pit, i need some help.

Recently, I've been trying to get contact lenses in place of eye glasses. Only problem is, I can't seem to put them in, at all. I touch my eye with the lens, and instantly reflex-blink the lens out, before I can place it in all the way. Don't even get me started no taking them out

Can anyone give me advice? I really do want to get contacts, as losing the frames would be GREAT. Anyway to practice without the lenses themselves?
Get the lenses really wet. The wetter they are the easier they suction to your eye.

Practice: wash your hands thoroughly, rinse all the soap off. Pry your eye open and practice touching your eyeball with your finger.

Get LASIK when you're old enough.
just practice
i had the same problem for about a month before i could just put them in without noticing
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
use a stick.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by enemy120
just practice
i had the same problem for about a month before i could just put them in without noticing

glad to know I'm not the only one. is there a way to practice without having the lenses here? i don't have them at home yet, can i wash my hands and use my finger?
If you're doing your right eye, do this. If left eye, just flip the hands.

Take the contact out, and get it on your right index finger, facing down, like a bowl, obviously. Using your left index finger, pinch your upper eyelid's eyelashes against the bone of your eye-hole... you know? the little bit of bone right above your eye. Hold that there with your left index finger. Use your right middle finger to pull down your bottom eyelid, and carefully place the contact on your eye. Slowly pull away, and it should stay. If it bothers you, slide it to the corner of your eye, blink a few times, then slide it back.

It took me a good 3 weeks to get used to.
Have some one help you, have a lil portable mirrir and let your friend use that.
Once you get one in the seconds easier.
They will sting for a while so keep blinking.

I remember i had red contact lenses for a college project. It ruled.
if you can, practice just touching your eye with your finger (make sure you finger has solution on it), and try that. i always find myself putting a drop or two or more of solution on the lenses before i put them in. that always helps. Yeah i know it seems very difficult to put them in, first time i went to try it, i failed. second time, maybe a week later, i got after a few tries. even now when i put my lenses in, i sometimes mess up and have to try again.

also, the people at the eye doctors told me to do it one way, but one of my moms friends told me to do it another way which worked much better. for me, i use the middle finger on my left arm to hold up my top eyelid, my index finger on my right to open the bottom eyelid, and the middle finger on my right hand to put the lense.

of course, this is all assuming that you have soft lenses, which is what i have. and always wash your hands before you do it, the lenses last longer because less dirt gets on them. i just got back from a week long canoe trip, and my lenses were really blurry afterwards.

and good luck next time you go to get them.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
It just takes practice. It took me over an hour the first time. Make sure your eye is wide open, and place the lens squarely on the middle of your eye.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
yeah i have contacts and it always took me like 30 minutes to get them in. now i can do it in 30 seconds. it just takes time
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by tkajr7
yeah i have contacts and it always took me like 30 minutes to get them in. now i can do it in 30 seconds. it just takes time

Thanks everyone above. Guess I'll keep practicing with my finger until the next time I go to the eye doctor (two weeks from now ) I know I can do it, and it's nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Thanks again.