so i just got a new macbook and when i installed my guitar pro on it whenever i try to start up guitar pro it gets about half way through the little open jingle and then stops and my computer tells me "Guitar Pro 5 quit unexpectedly"

does anybody know whats going on with this or had it happen with their computer
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
Quote by bryan j
so i just got a new macbook and when i installed my guitar pro on it whenever i try to start up guitar pro it gets about half way through the little open jingle and then stops and my computer tells me "Guitar Pro 5 quit unexpectedly"

Thats' your problem.

No Only Joking.

Although, Have you definately got the MAC version?

Try reinstalling.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
i have a legal copy so this doesnt hapen to me
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Yours plays a jingle? Mine doesn't make any noise when it starts up.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by bryan j

There's your problem.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by stueey
i have a legal copy so this doesnt hapen to me

I have too

Quote by BlackandSilver
There's your problem.

BUMMED.

(I got there first) :stickpoke
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
maybe you dont have the right version for a mac?
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by SHEEM
Macs suck.

Wow, that helped TS no end.
Quote by toxicity33
When I was like 3(4?) My friend and I hatched a plan to murder the easy-chair in my living room. We ran in there tipped it over and stabbed it a bunch(with previously aquired steak knives) and left it for dead.

Did you accidentally your version of guitarpro?
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by SHEEM
Macs suck.

Mature.

Anyways, do you have the Mac version of the program installed? If you do, then just uninstall it and reinstall it, and pay attention to the specs needed. I doubt a macbook would be lacking in any of the categories, but it's possible.

Otherwise, you should just contact customer support.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
uninstall, re download (take extra care that you get the MAC version).
if it still doesnt work, get the legal version.
Quote by Dance
Wow, that helped TS no end.

That's a fact.

Did you actually take that serious?
i have a legal copy and the box says for win and mac. ive let a couple of my friends install it on their computers before would there be a limit on how many times the authorization code can be used?
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
I KNOW.
Someone might have mentioned it but I thought I'd try and get am answer in quick. GP5 came out incompatible with leopard. They took months making the fix ( i waited every day)
My download link for the fix seems not to be working though...
Everybody saying make sure to have the mac version, it doesn't work like that. He wouldn't be able to install it at all. It just fails to load.

edit:http://www.mechodownload.com/forum/macintosh-programs/42923-guitar-pro-leopard-update-5-3b1-whole-retail-app.html

there's a link to the leopard update, and the codes needed. Tell me when you've read the post cos I know it's not pirating its just an update, but its a bit shifty.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Last edited by big duck at Aug 5, 2008,
"HAHAHAHA MACBOOKS SUCK LOLOLOLOLOL."

You guys are so goddamn funny.

Anyways, I had the same problem. I'm assuming you downloaded it via torrent, version 5.2? If that's the case, download this:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1462429/?rel=1209847758

That solved the problem.

EDIT: I read that it's a legal copy, but that torrent might work anyway.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Last edited by Zeppelin256 at Aug 5, 2008,
My Guitar Pro does the exact same thing... "Unexpectedly Quit" I have the legal version of guitar pro for mac. Got it at Guitar Center and the problem just started occurring out of nowhere...
You got the new MacBook?

Damn dude. How is it? Great, or greatest?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Same here, I just bought it from Guitar Center too, installed it on my new apple imac released, and it gives same error and won't load...whats going on?
Quote by Zeppelin256
"HAHAHAHA MACBOOKS SUCK LOLOLOLOLOL."

You guys are so goddamn funny.

Anyways, I had the same problem. I'm assuming you downloaded it via torrent, version 5.2? If that's the case, download this:

That solved the problem.

EDIT: I read that it's a legal copy, but that torrent might work anyway.

I didn't think you were allowed to post direct links, especially to torrent sites, not saying torrents aren't the greatest things since sliced bread. Also Mac can go suck a dick....a very large black dick
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
Upgrading your Operating System should help.

Try this:

Anyways, make sure you have a Mac version instead of a PC version, and if you torrented it, try a different torrent, in case the one you got was bad.
Last edited by __Pent__ at Feb 1, 2010,
its definitely not the mac. Works fine on mine

And you guys, macs are far better for audio purposes from my experience! not to mention no viruses and system stability!
Last edited by tim_mop at Feb 1, 2010,
Quote by tim_mop

And you guys, macs are far better for audio purposes from my experience! not to mention no viruses and system stability!

Here we go again.

Well at least my computer isn't overpriced because of a logo. And of course it works. (Win7)
Quote by metaldud536
Here we go again.

Well at least my computer isn't overpriced because of a logo. And of course it works. (Win7)

Yeah, well at least mine will still work fine in 4 years

TS, I don't know what to tell ya. I may or may not have an illegal copy of GP5, and it works just fine for me. But the guys above me seem to have some pretty good ideas.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by tim_mop

so it's the program which works perfectly fine on other properly working macs?
he's not using your mac so I wouldn't rule that out based on the same logic you used

Quote by tim_mop

any computer that is properly maintained will be without viruses and be stable, and I've seen (and had the displeasure of using) macs with viruses and instability

but to be helpful: the program its self is crashing so I would think their is either an install problem or a compatibility issue. try reinstalling and if it keeps crashing then their is probably a compatibility issue which I wouldn't know how to fix
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Feb 1, 2010,
this happened to me with my 'legal' copy of sibelius (i bought a copy off a friend at uni)..

i just checked out the website once installed, saw if any free updates were floating about.

i dont know about guitar pro... i used to use it but uni refuses to let guitarists read tab

but i have a mac.. for music its infinitely better than a pc... and with bootcamp you can run windows.... though why youd want to is beyond me when you have something that sounds as cool as MacOSX 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD.
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
this happened to me with my 'legal' copy of sibelius (i bought a copy off a friend at uni)..

i just checked out the website once installed, saw if any free updates were floating about.

i dont know about guitar pro... i used to use it but uni refuses to let guitarists read tab

but i have a mac.. for music its infinitely better than a pc... and with bootcamp you can run windows.... though why youd want to is beyond me when you have something that sounds as cool as MacOSX 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD.

I use a Macbook Pro and run Windows 7 except when I'm using Logic.
Go to Applications -> Guitar Pro folder -> Right click the guitar pro app -> Get Info -> open using rosetta (if you don't have rosetta you can get it from your cd that came with the mac or from the net)
Open guitar pro from there, not from shortcuts. Should work i think.
Quote by Time Seller
I use a Macbook Pro and run Windows 7 except when I'm using Logic.

i prefer just using OSX its what we use at uni so it makes sense for me to just run the same set up at home
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by SHEEM
Macs suck.

Crawl back to your cave you troll.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Sparky-MMA

mac, sounds like a truck
osx10.6, sounds pretty terrible whenever i say that
snow leopard, the name of computer problems and apple programmers dropping the ball

...doesnt sound like much of a name to me
Quote by Sparky-MMA
i prefer just using OSX its what we use at uni so it makes sense for me to just run the same set up at home

funny im at university taking engineering and MatLab&simulink, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, LabVIEW do not work on mac.

Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Yeah, well at least mine will still work fine in 4 years

my laptop will work fine in 4 years, im already almost 2 years there and it still is alot faster then almost all my friends computers, just need to learn how to take care of the software.

actually apple has a 20% fail rate after 3 years, 1 in 5 chance your laptop will not be running
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Feb 1, 2010,
Since we're posting about GP5 issues, maybe somebody can help me out with a problem I just started encountering.

I have a Powerbook with GP5 installed. It's worked fine for the past 6 months or so. However, as of a few days ago, anytime I try to open it, I get two error notifications: "The files Scales.dat was not found" and then after the logo comes up but before the staff is displayed, "Skins not found." GP then loads with a blank staff, and then promptly quits unexpectedly. Any ideas?
Quote by JimmyBanks6
mac, sounds like a truck
osx10.6, sounds pretty terrible whenever i say that
snow leopard, the name of computer problems and apple programmers dropping the ball

...doesnt sound like much of a name to me

funny im at university taking engineering and MatLab&simulink, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, LabVIEW do not work on mac.

my laptop will work fine in 4 years, im already almost 2 years there and it still is alot faster then almost all my friends computers, just need to learn how to take care of the software.

actually apple has a 20% fail rate after 3 years, 1 in 5 chance your laptop will not be running

Come on, people, keep the whole Mac vs PC thing outside.

If you don't like Mac, good for you. I admit some Macfags are indeed Macfags, but there's no need to be like them.

In any case, Mac can run Windows too, so it really shouldn't be Mac vs Windows.
Quote by Sparky-MMA

Fair enough. Dunno what course you're doing, but we use Linux and Windows in the engineering labs. Only arts students use them Macs.