But I´m going to use capo on 2.
So the
F#=>E
B=>A
E=>??

How do I change the E chord?

Thank you
Just move it two frets down.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Aug 5, 2008,
yeah play it like a D
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Is this a song your writing or a cover. If this is a song your writing and you need an E major chord, use you the D shape in respects to the Capo. If this is a cover, they are playing it a certain way, so you should try to recreate that.
Those with closed minds bring on themselves nothing but limits.
lose the capo
i've never gotten why people use capos anyway. all they do is decrease playing range the way i see it : /
anyone care to enlighten me? or perhaps they truly are useless?
It makes it possible to play open chords in different keys.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
then does it make me a god that i can play like all the C A G E D chords in different positions without a capo? i guess not cus i bleed >.<
it's still useless the way i see it.
Okay, it makes it easier to play open chords in different keys

EDIT: Thats for the standard open chords, but you know the cool chords that you get when you slide an open shape up the fretboard leaving the open strings open? You can't play them in different keys unless you use a capo.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Last edited by Ænimus Prime at Aug 5, 2008,
Capos make it easy for people who aren't the best guitarists (no barre chords) to play in different keys.
Quote by RCalisto
lose the capo
i've never gotten why people use capos anyway. all they do is decrease playing range the way i see it : /

They are perfect for band sessions to change key quickly wihtout transposing. Suppose the singer wanted to up the key because the song was too low for his voice; you just throw on a capo and there's no transposing confusion.

Also E - F# - B goes to D - E - A.
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Okay, it makes it easier to play open chords in different keys

EDIT: Thats for the standard open chords, but you know the cool chords that you get when you slide an open shape up the fretboard leaving the open strings open? You can't play them in different keys unless you use a capo.

not getting what you mean :s

Quote by deleriumtrigger
Capos make it easy for people who aren't the best guitarists (no barre chords) to play in different keys.

maybe i'm wrong but even bob dylan can play barre chords lol

Quote by Cyberbob
They are perfect for band sessions to change key quickly wihtout transposing. Suppose the singer wanted to up the key because the song was too low for his voice; you just throw on a capo and there's no transposing confusion.

Also E - F# - B goes to D - E - A.

uhmm what do you mean transposing?
D seems right I think.

To answer all your questions.

I´m trying to pick out the chords for Kurt Nilsen - Rise to the occasion.
He fingerpicks the whole song and he uses the capo on 2. And he´s not a bad guitarplayer.

http://www.svenska-tabbar.se/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1961

I´ve put up a suggestion on how to play it.

Look at it and tell me what u think!

Thank you!
Henriksinho (aka tangens)
there are also alot of interesting "harping" style techniques that you can get when you capo only 3 or 4 strings and leave the bass un touched. and what a capo allows a person to do is be able to play embellishments that would otherwise be impossible when using a bar chord.
Quote by RCalisto
not getting what you mean :s

The most obvious example is

x

It's a C shape moved up 2 frets

I doubt you can play this easily without a capo:

x

Which is the same thing in a different key
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

Quote by Ænimus Prime
The most obvious example is

x

It's a C shape moved up 2 frets

I doubt you can play this easily without a capo:

x

Which is the same thing in a different key

sorry but you're confused.
C shape is:

so it would become something like

and that's not too hard.
Quote by RCalisto

uhmm what do you mean transposing?

Changing the chords and music to a new key.
Quote by RCalisto
lose the capo
For pop songs and rock and stuff, yeah its useless and pretty lazy.

But you get some songs were you need as many free fingers as possible. Like in some delta blues songs, you need your pinky and ring to play licks and that. If you were playing caged, you would only have your pinky.

I really like how robert johnson and son house used to use capos. Obviously most of them wouldnt be able to get their hands on a nice fancy plastic capo (like us). So they used to use a straight stick (I used a pencil once) and tied it down to their fretboards by shoelaces . Almost completely irrelevant, but I'm sure someone out there wanted to know that.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by RCalisto
sorry but you're confused.
No I'm not, you don't understand what I'm saying.

The first chord I posted was D11 or something close to it. It is the same fingering as open C but moved up 2 frets.

The second chord I posted was F11 or something close to it. It's like having a capo on the third fret and moving the 'open' C fingering up 2 frets. Playing it without a capo, while possible, is hard.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

Capos are mostly used for the rest of the band (namely the singer's) benefit not the guitarist. As someone correctly said before, if the singer can't sing in that pitch a capo allows you to move it easily.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!