What exactly is a "facepalm"?

Whenever I see *facepalm* I always think of a lethal Kung Fu maneuver where someone thrusts their palm into someone else's face. Am I close or am I way off on this one?
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Facepalm is what you do when someone says something stupid. Something so incredibly stupid that even words cannot describe the stupidity of it.

There ya go. Happy?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Way off.

A facepalm is putting your hand to your forehead out of disgust or disbelief of someone's stupidity.

EDIT: I hate ^ that guy.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
It means to put your palm on your face.
It represents shame.
The first time I heard facepalm I thought it was when you strike someone in the face with your palm.
MUNSTER

Heineken Cup Champions 2005/2006 2007/2008

my french teacher facepalmed during my oral exam because I stupidly put -ing at the end of a french word. I realised straight after... when she facepalmed. I should've corrected it but I was being an idiot.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
What exactly is a "facepalm"?

Whenever I see *facepalm* I always think of a lethal Kung Fu maneuver where someone thrusts their palm into someone else's face. Am I close or am I way off on this one?

EDIT: Just to go one better
Last edited by bigmac2244 at Aug 5, 2008,
Sounds like a pokemon move...

Mudkipz! Use facepalm!!
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
this is facepalm:
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Richie_H
The first time I heard facepalm I thought it was when you strike someone in the face with your palm.

That's what I do when people post that pic of captain Picard with his hand to his face
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by stratele
Sounds like a pokemon move...

Mudkipz! Use facepalm!!

Sigged for great justice.

At thread: justgoogleit.com
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.