I know alot of you guys have recommended avatar cabs on several occasions - they're right on par with vader's and mesa's so I hear. So alot of you must have/played them

I was originally going to go with a 4x12 from B-52 stock, but I found a 2x12 cab by Avatar with Vintage 30's for the same price($300).

I'm no cab connoisseur by any means, but I am definitely going to play it before I get it. It probably won't matter, because it has what I want. v30's and a hell of alot smaller than a 4x12

Anyways, how do you like your Avatar cab? I hear they're top notch. What kind of music do they handle best?
I can't speak on the construction of mesa or vader cabinets but avatars are very good for their price. You can get a decently constructed cabinet with quality speakers for dirt cheap.

As for what type of music they handle the best? It depends on the speakers, Greenbacks (G12m, and G12h) are voiced best for classic rock, vintage 30s are voiced more modern for metal and heavier styles, etc.
Avatars look good, but they only carry Celestions.
If you want a more wide variety of speakers, this guy seems to do a good job: http://www.trutonecustom.com/pictures.htm

They're better looking than avatars, IMO.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have a red avatar 4x12 with V30s.

For just under a grand, it's amazing. Seeing as materials alone would cost me more than that, and I'd be paying about $1500 for any other 4x12 with V30s, I'd have been crazy to go for anything else.

It's good to see somebody who isn't obsessed with having a 4x12. A quality 2x12 with good speakers over an average 4x12 any day!
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Mine just came in today. It kicks ass. the customer service is top notch and it got here a week after I ordered it. You can't get a cab this good with such quality speakers for the price.

I say JUST DO IT.
Sig What?
Quote by Cofflecakes
I have a red avatar 4x12 with V30s.

For just under a grand, it's amazing. Seeing as materials alone would cost me more than that, and I'd be paying about $1500 for any other 4x12 with V30s, I'd have been crazy to go for anything else.

It's good to see somebody who isn't obsessed with having a 4x12. A quality 2x12 with good speakers over an average 4x12 any day!

I think $1500 a bit of an exaggeration.

Marshall 1960AV - $950
Randall Cyclone - $920
Laney TT412 - $800
Line 6 412VS - $700

Although I do agree that Avatar was your best way to go... I don't have any first hand experience with them so I don't know their build quality, but they do use top grade materials and they are inexpensive!
The other guitarist in my band has an Avatar 2x12 with V30s in it and it sounds really good. I prefer the sound of a good 4x12 to a good 2x12 but his is a nice cab.
I have an Avatar 2x12 with V30s and it's great. They have great customer service too. I don't think your gonna be able to test one out though as they only sell factory direct.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Well rated cabs but not in the same league as mesa and definately not built like vaders. But i'd buy one.
They are good cabs for the price you pay, I personally would go for the Vader 2x12 as they are built like tanks and they aren't too much more expensive than the Avatar 2x12

If $300 is your limit though, I'd go with the Avatar
vader is constructed a little better IMO, but avatars are cheaper i think, and they offer 1x12, which vader does not