ok, so ive been playing for five years so far, and ive decided that the reason that im not making the progress that i should be is that my technique sucks ass. i have a hell of a time making shifts up and down the neck and i still have strings that buzz when im playing... so i need some advice on how to improve my technique...
First, make sure your action isn't too low, that might be causing the buzzing.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by jaffawoman
First, make sure your action isn't too low, that might be causing the buzzing.

Besides that, I think maybe the way you press down on the strings causes the buzzing. For example, I need to raise my index finger with barre chords so that the note on the G string wouldn't be muted/buzzing.
i being confusing, i meant that strings that i just finished picking will ring out when i dont want them to.
Quote by kosarsosar
i being confusing, i meant that strings that i just finished picking will ring out when i dont want them to.

Take your finger off of the fret and stop the string from vibrating
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
In that case I suggest that you keep practicing on your picking technique. Also you can mute the strings by lightly pressing down on them to stop them from vibrating.
Last edited by Hawkerz at Aug 5, 2008,