What's the difference, in your experience? I need to know...I want a Tele (I'm a Les Paul man), but I dunno which one is better.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
Isn't the Baja a MIM and a USA a...

MIA? :P:

I would get the MIA one, it'll be better. Although the Classic Player series guitars are really good, the MIA wills still be better, with better wiring, pickups and a better feel.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I think you've helped me with Tele questions before haha. So does the MIM/MIA thing REALLY make much of a difference? I DO have the extra couple hundred for the MIA. Will it be better in the long run?
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
No matter the brand, you'll take a hit if you don't get MIA. I don't care if your guitar is discontinued, rare, signed by a guitar god, if it is made in a foreign country it will decrease in value as it ages. Getting an MIA guitar is the only way to keep its value.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
No matter the brand, you'll take a hit if you don't get MIA. I don't care if your guitar is discontinued, rare, signed by a guitar god, if it is made in a foreign country it will decrease in value as it ages. Getting an MIA guitar is the only way to keep its value.

Maybe reselling it isn't something he wants to do with it.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
^^ what if you actually want a nice guitar and aren't planning on selling it on?

i agree that the big names will generally hold their value better (even more so if they're made in the "correct" country), but surely if you don't get what you want just so the resale will be higher, you actually increase your chances of having to sell on?

regarding the actual guitars, the MIA one is more of a modern-style tele, the baja more of a vintage-style one. you'd need to try them to see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But don't you think that is an unnecesary expence? MIA Fenders are the only Fenders that go up in value with age. Just MIAs. Any MIM, no matter how good, will derease in value by around 25% just by opening the box after buying it. You are throwing money out the window with an MIM.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
the guitar's appreciation or depreciation is irrelevant if you like the guitar and have no intention of selling.

Not to mention, USA guitars depreciate too. Just because pre-CBS fender prices are through the roof doesn't mean that the new ones will appreciate like that. Certainly if you buy a new USA Fender today, and try to sell it in 6 months' time, you'll take a hit on price too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?