Page 1 of 2
im buying a laptop before the end of the month and i was wondering should i get a Macbook, ive been looking at them and they look pretty sweet and i can still run windows on it
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
Get a MacBook and join the amazing "Apple community". It's not like all their products break after a year or anything...
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
This thread is going to turn into a heap of fail.

Get what you want. I hate macs and would get a pc, but other people think differently.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I hate macs.

PC is alot more user friendly when it comes to programs and common things.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Try em both out first?

I love macs, and would obviously go for a macbook, but there are many people who are better off with PCs.
Macbook Pro. Forever and ever.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
macs are far superior to PC regarding anything musical or artistic. i think most people hate macs because for years the only thing we had was PC and windows, and everyone is used to that. macs are better in my opinion, but you should get what you want. check them out before you buy
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
macs (in my opinion) are better for media stuff like video/music editing/recording etc so if you plan on doing alot of that, go for the mac, if its just for the tinterwebs/gaming/jacking off etc i'd go with a pc.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
id go with a pc, you can get a just as powerful pc for cheaper. plus theres not much you can do on a mac
I got a macbook as a present, I would never buy it though, its expensive and you can get good pcs for half the price.

and macbooks are ****ty for games.
Quote by headfest88
macs are far superior to PC regarding anything musical or artistic.

Tell me one thing you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC.
it depends on what your gunna use it for. Macs tend to be used for my media based apps and work where as a pc is more likely to be used for typing and what not.

or just buy both, then its settled
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
well i want the macbook because i can have all the music/art stuff but it will have book camp so i can switch over to the windows side if i need it
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
I hate macs.

PC is alot more user friendly when it comes to programs and common things.

are you a ****ing idiot? the reason people buy macs is because everything is easier to do. Everything makes sense. On a PC if you want to save some text you found on the internet you have to highlight it, copy and paste it into a word processing document, and then save it. With a mac all you have to do is highlight the text and drag it to your desktop or folder of your choice.

Mac is way easier to use for the casual user, and is better than a pc at everything except for gaming and hacking non apple products. So if you dont do alot of either of those than get a mac, you wont regret it.

And if somebody says that a PC is easier to use than a mac dont listen to them, they have not used a mac for more than 5 minutes. Once you get the mac and use it for the first day or so, everything will make sense and you will be able to do things you didnt know how to do without reading a manual just because everything makes sense.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
mac book no question, but it does depend on what PC it is
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by alkalineweeman
macs (in my opinion) are better for media stuff like video/music editing/recording etc so if you plan on doing alot of that, go for the mac, if its just for the tinterwebs/gaming/jacking off etc i'd go with a pc.

this
i don't know.

the macbook guy on tv seemed to preppy to be a friend of mine.
but the pc was a geek.

so pc
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Quote by Jackintehbox
Tell me one thing you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC.

pretty much every single music studio uses macs because they are better with media.
Guitars:
PRS SE Custom 24
Partscaster
MIM Tele
Gear:
Em Drive Clone (w/ Klon buffer) > Paramount Clone > OCD > Westminster Effects Knox 800 > ISP Decimator > m5 > Nova Repeater > Trinity T2 > W.E. Sturgeon Reverb > AC15C1
Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0
are you a ****ing idiot? the reason people buy macs is because everything is easier to do. Everything makes sense. On a PC if you want to save some text you found on the internet you have to highlight it, copy and paste it into a word processing document, and then save it. With a mac all you have to do is highlight the text and drag it to your desktop or folder of your choice.

Mac is way easier to use for the casual user, and is better than a pc at everything except for gaming and hacking non apple products. So if you dont do alot of either of those than get a mac, you wont regret it.

And if somebody says that a PC is easier to use than a mac dont listen to them, they have not used a mac for more than 5 minutes. Once you get the mac and use it for the first day or so, everything will make sense and you will be able to do things you didnt know how to do without reading a manual just because everything makes sense.

...Or not.

Having extensively used both, pc's are far more user friendly. From the way it is all laid out to the way it is designed.

Better for everything except gaming? Bog off. The majority of software in the market are designed for pc's. Stop spouting bullshit. People like you are the reason mac users are regarded as pricks.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Jackintehbox
That's pretty nifty, but you can do the same things on a PC if you buy a little software.

Yeah, I would imagine so, if you can deal with the crashing, I guess.

And to the guy above... Good luck finding a decent cracked copy, apparently that software is near-on impossible to crack.

And yes, it is amazing (using the actual thing). I've never tried Pro Tools though, so that could be better.
Prices are a little higher on the Macs however its up to you. I personally like PCs (yes even with Vista which I run on my computers)

I never liked the layout of Macs interface, I would suggest trying both yourself.
Quote by Sox0690
pretty much every single music studio uses macs because they are better with media.

I'm asking for specific things here, not "people use them because they're better".

Quote by Steve The Plank

My computer hasn't crashed in months, whoever told you PC's crash a lot must not know how to use one.
Last edited by Jackintehbox at Aug 5, 2008,
lol i've unleashed computer interface hell
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Quote by Steve The Plank

And to the guy above... Good luck finding a decent cracked copy, apparently that software is near-on impossible to crack.

And yes, it is amazing (using the actual thing). I've never tried Pro Tools though, so that could be better.

but I do have a cracked version, I just couldn't use it because I had a really old iMac with only 512 mb of ram, so it wouldn't run, it would open and kind of work but then crash.

Thank god I sold it, it was pretty shit.
macs are pretty cool and i'd love one, too, but realistically, they AREN'T compatible with everything, despite what they promote. some hardware and software isn't adaptable because they're made with pc's in mind.... and pc's are only bad about viruses if you use the wrong programs to download

until mac fixes a lot of the incompatible issues, i'd stick with a pc.
Quote by Jackintehbox
I'm asking for specific things here, not "people use them because they're better".

well i don't know specifically and i don't really care because i don't record music or other media, but i'm pretty sure there is a reason that almost EVERYONE in the recording industry uses them. i doubt it is just a coincidence, there is probably a reason that they spend the extra money on the macs.
Guitars:
PRS SE Custom 24
Partscaster
MIM Tele
Gear:
Em Drive Clone (w/ Klon buffer) > Paramount Clone > OCD > Westminster Effects Knox 800 > ISP Decimator > m5 > Nova Repeater > Trinity T2 > W.E. Sturgeon Reverb > AC15C1
steve the plank, you seem to know your **** haha
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Quote by Steve The Plank
I must know a lot of people that don't know how to use PC's.

Hey I'm not judging.
Quote by Steve The Plank

Ahh, yes.

If I had a Mac I could use my brother's copy. I tried the Reaktor demo on my Dell and it was jaw droppingly hard to navigate, I don't even know how to pick an instrument or write an note! Talk about non-user friendly.

Anyway I'm getting a mac just so I can run Logic Studio, it really is awesome and relatively straightforward. I'm use to macs now anyway...the only thing is they're more expensive but adjusting isn't a problem as long as your patient because at first they will be difficult.
Macbook if you wanna record n produce music or videos.
PC if you just want a computer for basic use, internet n playing games.

Quote by Masonpwiley
PC has Cubase and Pro Tools, you know.

Trust me, they work much better on a Mac than they do on a PC.
Both Cubase and Pro Tools.
And Logic is really good.
I use Logic Express myself. Its the easiest one to use of all the pro sequencing softwares (Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic).
I have Vista Ultimate installed on my macbook pro.

With boot camp, I can switch between Leopard and Vista at my will. No real compatibilities issues.

And if you get a mac, get the 3 years Applecare. It's not free, but worth it in the long run.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Page 1 of 2